Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2017, 02:52 PM

40 posts, read 53,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
In this instance, it wouldn't even be necessary to contact the sales office. These $500k condos are being built next to a Target store and its parking lot. All that the OP needs to do is to park in Target's lot, and walk...maybe...100 feet further east in order to stand next to the condo buildings that have already been erected.

The OP should be aware that, in addition to the NJ Transit trains that currently pass by and will eventually stop at a new station adjacent to these condos, Amtrak's high-speed trains race past that site and the horns on those Amtrak trains can be heard fairly often.

IMHO, while convenience to mass transit is important, I would not consider spending $500k for a condo whose views consist of huge parking lots, a Target store, a Costco, and a Costco gas station to the west, and RR tracks (complete with catenary wires), just to the east. In addition to the noise factor of the trains, the OP should consider whether he/she wants to live in this sea of asphalt, with big box stores and their related traffic directly adjacent.

You are right; that's the reasons I hadn't considered it at all until recently when I said to myself 'it's on the straight line between my spouse & my work places and when it comes I wouldn't have to drive.'
Unfortunately, even though my spouse & i work only 60 miles apart, there's no great options that don't result in one of us having a long commute. Maybe just pick the tree filled neighborhood i want and suck it up when it comes to commute time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2017, 03:00 PM

19,116 posts, read 25,309,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rons1 View Post
You are right; that's the reasons I hadn't considered it at all until recently when I said to myself 'it's on the straight line between my spouse & my work places and when it comes I wouldn't have to drive.'
Unfortunately, even though my spouse & i work only 60 miles apart, there's no great options that don't result in one of us having a long commute. Maybe just pick the tree filled neighborhood i want and suck it up when it comes to commute time.
Just on the other side of Route 1, there are the Governor's Pointe condos, an established, well-maintained community. Besides not overlooking acres of asphalt and big box stores, the prices there are WELL below the prices being charged by the developer of the units that I refer to as the Target Condos.

The only negative is that you might not be interested in walking to the promised train station in back of the Target Condos. Yes, you could walk to the promised train station, but you might not want to walk that far. However, I would suggest that you at least take a look at some of the units available for resale at Governor's Pointe.

https://www.weichert.com/NJ/Middlese...'s_Pointe/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey