Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2017, 08:43 PM

9 posts, read 9,476 times

Advertisements

Safety? Cleanliness? What are the people like- ages-families etc? Community feel? What is the average income? Access to amenities? Would you choose to live here or is there somewhere you would recommend instead?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2017, 07:21 AM

2,509 posts, read 2,494,440 times
I would look at Fair Lawn first if it was me

Old 06-28-2017, 11:54 AM

19 posts, read 22,195 times
Default Saddle Brook a very nice town

Saddle brook is a very nice town. I live right off Broadway on the border with Fair Lawn. There are many malls within a 5min drive, highway access is excellent, proximity to NYC, and nearby NJ transit stations(2 in Fairlawn and 2 in Garfield). My family income is 170k and feel no need to live in another town. Saddle brook county part is beautiful where a lot of couples and families gather on weekends and summer afternoons. Driver around the area, visit the park and see for yourself! As far as cleanliness, everyone on my block takes care of there homes, I don't see garbage on the street, and park seems well kept as well.

Old 04-24-2018, 06:38 PM

127 posts, read 192,807 times
Saddle Brook is fine. Very convenient, but I wouldn’t call it “very nice”. I think of it as a nicer version of Elmwood Park and Garfield.

Old 04-24-2018, 08:31 PM

4,177 posts, read 5,056,132 times
Check the flood map.

Old 04-25-2018, 08:07 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by townrater View Post
Saddle Brook is fine. Very convenient, but I wouldn’t call it “very nice”. I think of it as a nicer version of Elmwood Park and Garfield.
I think "nice enough", though. Middle-class town with easy access to everything.

Old 04-25-2018, 08:42 AM

962 posts, read 540,481 times
I think Saddle Brook is decent. It's a nice middle-class town with some diversity. It's very close to Paramus and Fair Lawn, which is nice. Public Transit is OK. Taxes are average.

However, the schools are not in good shape, and there's no "Main Street" (Market Street has some good restaurant options, but it is certainly not the walkable downtown area one looks for in a close-knit community). I know a former teacher at Saddle Brook middle school, who had very little faith in the quality of education in Saddle Brook. Maybe it doesn't matter to you, but it might matter when you try to sell your house.

Old 04-26-2018, 08:52 PM

19 posts, read 22,195 times
I would call the public transit more than "ok" when you have easy access to 2 NJ transit stations. Broadway in Fair Lawn and Plauterville in Garfield. Your pretty much within a 10min drive or closer (depending on what part of saddle brook your in) to any of the two stations. If you border Fair Lawn for example, you can be a 5min drive to the train station. There are jitney buses that run on rt 4 right off fair lawn parkway every 10mins for $5 to the George Washington bridge terminal. Multiple NJ transit buses run through the town to port authority or GWB. I would say the commute options are excellent. This is coming from someone that commutes, lives in saddle brook, takes the train from Broadway Fair Lawn and gets to Hoboken door to door in 35mins.

I dont see how Saddle Brook is labeled as a nicer version of Garfield? Not sure what the similarities are in the town besides only the south side of saddle brook bordering Garfield.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey