Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 02:20 PM

17 posts, read 66,504 times

Advertisements

We are currently moving to Holmdel in June of 2008. I have been looking in Monmouth County for over 2 years now and finally found a beautiful home in Holmdel. I have 3 small children who I think will benefit greatly from the excellent school system. Which happens to be the main reason for our move. Could someone please clarify an issue I am having with several people who have commented on where we are moving in Holmdel. I know when we were looking for homes in Westfield, we were told that we had to stay on a certain side of town in order to live in the "nicer" part of town. I never thought there was a nice or not so nice area of Holmdel. But now have been hearing some views of people that live there and I am getting upset. Is there a particular area of Homdel that is more desireable than others? Should I be concerned. We have just purchased a $1.1 M home and the neighborhood looked beautiful so Im not so sure if I should be listening to anyone's mixed views on the good or bad side of town? Please help me to clarify. I saw a recent posting that spoke about the woods, that now had me concerned about the area I am moving to. It is near Dora Lane? Does anyone know anything about this area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2008, 02:40 PM
b75

950 posts, read 3,462,771 times
Holmdel overall is an excellent area to live in. The townhouses that you are referring to are not exactly cheap to rent or live in, but of course are not at the same level of the home you purchased. Your children will also receive a very high caliber education if you choose to use their public school system. I can be pretty selective about how I define a "good area," and if I had a family, Holmdel would definitely be on my short list of places to move. Congratulations and Good Luck.

Old 03-06-2008, 02:43 PM

2,689 posts, read 3,963,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEXLIVAVA01 View Post
We are currently moving to Holmdel in June of 2008. I have been looking in Monmouth County for over 2 years now and finally found a beautiful home in Holmdel. I have 3 small children who I think will benefit greatly from the excellent school system. Which happens to be the main reason for our move. Could someone please clarify an issue I am having with several people who have commented on where we are moving in Holmdel. I know when we were looking for homes in Westfield, we were told that we had to stay on a certain side of town in order to live in the "nicer" part of town. I never thought there was a nice or not so nice area of Holmdel. But now have been hearing some views of people that live there and I am getting upset. Is there a particular area of Homdel that is more desireable than others? Should I be concerned. We have just purchased a $1.1 M home and the neighborhood looked beautiful so Im not so sure if I should be listening to anyone's mixed views on the good or bad side of town? Please help me to clarify. I saw a recent posting that spoke about the woods, that now had me concerned about the area I am moving to. It is near Dora Lane? Does anyone know anything about this area?
while I don't know dora lane, the worst area of holmdel is N of 35, next lowest in the pecking order would be the nw areas bordering hazlet the best areas are in the southern part of the twp

Old 03-06-2008, 02:45 PM
b75

The pp is an accurate assessment of the area.

Old 03-06-2008, 02:58 PM

Hi, thanks for your reply. I am assuming you live in Holmdel, since you are very familiar with the area. North of 35 or nw areas bordering Hazlet... help,. Im horrible with directions. but the area is off of Line Road near Bayshore Hospital? does this area ring a bell? good or bad :-(

Old 03-06-2008, 03:00 PM

Hi, not sure what your reply means... sorry what is "pp" being an accurate assessment of the area? thanks

Old 03-06-2008, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEXLIVAVA01 View Post
Hi, thanks for your reply. I am assuming you live in Holmdel, since you are very familiar with the area. North of 35 or nw areas bordering Hazlet... help,. Im horrible with directions. but the area is off of Line Road near Bayshore Hospital? does this area ring a bell? good or bad :-(
the area is ok, but it is not close to being top of the line Holmdel

Old 03-06-2008, 03:45 PM

522 posts, read 1,584,484 times
There aren't any bad parts of Holmdel. I think the pp or previous poster was referring to the area of laurel ave..holmdel commons area. THere are mostly townhomes on that side. You are close to HAzlet and Aberdeen if you are moving near line road. I don't know if the holmdel powers that be will look down on you or not. The area is very nice! Congrats on your new home.

Old 03-06-2008, 03:48 PM
b75

pp = previous poster

Old 03-06-2008, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseynj View Post
There aren't any bad parts of Holmdel. I think the pp or previous poster was referring to the area of laurel ave..holmdel commons area. THere are mostly townhomes on that side. You are close to HAzlet and Aberdeen if you are moving near line road. I don't know if the holmdel powers that be will look down on you or not. The area is very nice! Congrats on your new home.
while there may not be any "bad" parts of town there certainly are better parts of town and the area n of 35 and to the NW part of town near beers st or the area right behind best buy are certainly not the most desirable locations. Keep going north on Palmer and you're in Keansburg, certainly not an area I'd want to be near, especially if I am spending a million+ on a house.
The southern sections, closer to 520 are way more desirable.
I am just telling like it is
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey