Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2017, 08:47 AM

1 posts, read 3,602 times

Advertisements

Hi-

My husband and I are moving to Roseland NJ from Hoboken and both work in midtown Manhattan.. Before we bought the house, we heard that the bus schedule to the city was pretty decent (a 40/45 min bus ride)...but what we didn't account for was how people get to the bus stop in town? Does anyone who commutes on the bus just walk there? Is there no parking situation for people at all who need to drive to the bus stop and then take the bus to the city? How do most people commute to NYC? Our house is a mile away from Roseland Center but we would be walking on Eagle Rock to get there which has no sidewalks... Any information or advise would be greatly appreciated!!
Thank you!
Lindsay
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2017, 08:57 AM

4,940 posts, read 12,141,153 times
There is no designated parking in Roseland that I'm aware of. You may need to drive to Codey Arena in West Orange and take the bus from there. They have plenty of parking. Another option is to drive to Harrison and take the Path train.

Old 04-25-2017, 06:01 PM

115 posts, read 146,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsaycw View Post
Hi-

My husband and I are moving to Roseland NJ from Hoboken and both work in midtown Manhattan.. Before we bought the house, we heard that the bus schedule to the city was pretty decent (a 40/45 min bus ride)...but what we didn't account for was how people get to the bus stop in town? Does anyone who commutes on the bus just walk there? Is there no parking situation for people at all who need to drive to the bus stop and then take the bus to the city? How do most people commute to NYC? Our house is a mile away from Roseland Center but we would be walking on Eagle Rock to get there which has no sidewalks... Any information or advise would be greatly appreciated!!
Thank you!
Lindsay
You could rideshare to the station in Roseland (i.e., Uber, Lyft).

Driving to Harrison/Newark probably defeats the purpose of moving so close to a bus stop. BUT, you could buy a monthly pass at a garage by Harrison Path... or, by Newark Penn. From Harrison to Newark Penn is 1.5 minutes on the train (and, you will probably have a higher likelihood of being able to purchase a monthly pass in Harrison). From Harrison you could take the Path to Grove street and then transfer to 33rd st line and be in midtown (transfer is free).

Or, you could take the Path from Harrison to Newark Penn catch NJ Transit to midtown.

So, there are a few options.

Old 04-25-2017, 09:36 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,203,415 times
Not all the stops for the buses are marked on the route map. Since the bus goes right down Eagle Rock it's possible there's a stop nearer to you; you could call DeCamp and find out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey