Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2017, 08:07 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,990,431 times

Advertisements

^ Personally I think 8 am on a Saturday is early and it's inconsiderate for people to be making that type of constant noise outside around 8, but that's just me. I'm not a morning person and I don't have kids so I'm still asleep at and after 8 on a Saturday 99% of the time. I do agree about nothing on Sundays to be honest, but at the least I would agree with a later time for Sundays - 12 maybe. It's all going to be pretty arbitrary and many people would disagree about what's a "good" time and if this type of law is even necessary at all (as evidenced by the thread so far haha).

It's rare that people in my neighborhood/immediate vicinity wake me up early on weekends with construction or landscaping. Lately, landscapers have been showing up in the afternoon rather than morning. A lot of my neighbors have the same landscaping companies, so I don't know if that happens to be how they schedule for where I am but I hope they keep it up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2017, 08:54 AM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack2000 View Post
No one is freaking out about anything. They passed a law to make their town a better place to live. You're the one that's so interested in how other people want to live. Why not move yourself to the land of leaf blowers where everyone uses gas powered yard machines all the time, and people wear earplugs all day long. Sounds wonderful, and I won't even go on the internet to ***** about it. So **** off, delicate snowflake.

Yeah, crazy laws like "don't use 100 db machines to pollute the air because you're too lazy to use a rake".
Ding ding ding. What is sad is that some of these people apparently do not realize that once upon a time and not that long ago, these stupid-ass noisy things didn't exist.

Hell, there wasn't a landscaping truck on every block. People mowed and raked their own property. Imagine that. And then the best part--we burned the leaves! Smelled wonderful, and we put potatoes in the fire to cook. Best potatoes ever, complete with soot.

You fetus-aged guys missed a lot.

I realize the landscapers and their noisy things aren't going to go away, but regulating the annoying noise is not really a bad thing.

Old 05-09-2017, 11:54 AM

857 posts, read 834,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
KEEPING on TOPIC

Why 11 am?I am fine with anytime after 8 am and done by 4 pm Monday through Sat.Nothing on Sunday.
Why is Saturday ok but not Sunday?

Old 05-09-2017, 12:50 PM

702 posts, read 540,346 times
It's the lawds day.

Old 05-09-2017, 01:01 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,663,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal1 View Post
Chick fil A is closed Sunday,why do you think?

Why 11 am???

Old 05-10-2017, 12:49 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue biker View Post
So if majority rule is tyranny, what's a better system, anarchy?

Everyone does their own thing, so your neighbor decides he's going to have a garbage company next door and park the trucks on his lawn, next to yours. That's OK?

Plus they start those noisy, stinky, diesel engines, (it's anarchy so no smog laws) up (right next to your bedroom window) at 4 am because the garbage men start early. That's OK, because zoning laws are tyranny.
taxation is theft.

Old 05-10-2017, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Chick fil A is closed Sunday,why do you think?

Why 11 am???
Chick fil A is a privately held Christian company. Maplewood is not. ROLLS EYES

Old 05-10-2017, 06:33 PM

1,352 posts, read 1,531,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
taxation is theft.
Well I guess the alternative would be to pay a "user" fee every time you pulled out of your driveway, to go to work, or the store, or??
Or pay a fee if someone breaks into your house and you call the police???

"Hello Mr CaptainNJ, I'm Officer Smith to take the police report? Would you like to put this on a credit card or are you paying cash?

If you belong to the "BoysinblueAetnaUnitedPoliceCare law enforcement insurance plan", I'll need your to process your benefit card before I can take the report. If this a break and enter the cost will be $100.00, if anything was taken the cost will be $150 for goods or damages under $500. for goods or damages over $501 the cost of the police report is $200. I'll also need the deductible payment of your plan in cash or credit card, no checks accepted.

If the perpetrator is caught, the prosecutors office will bill you separately. Again this will depend on the value of the goods or damages. Please sign this form that you acknowledge I've explained this to you and you accept the terms of your local police protection."

Old 05-11-2017, 03:57 AM

32,937 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal1 View Post
To annoy the Jewish neighbors?

Old 05-11-2017, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
To annoy the Jewish neighbors?

That's funny! Unless your the Jewish neighbors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey