Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2008, 11:07 PM

387 posts, read 1,429,789 times

Advertisements

Picked up my copy of the Trenton Times the other day and found out that Trenton was listed as the 8th most walkable city in the US. Even ahead of Boston which was listed in the 9 spot... I have to say I'm a little shocked by this one. The convenience is great, lot of bars, great pizza, etc. But you would think they would take off points for being unsafe. But hey my town finally made the list of "best" something I can pretend I'm happy about it LOL... and I still think my section of town is very nice. And I'm tired of all the people who don't know what side of town I'm talking about disagree and say "All of Trenton is horrible!" when they don't even know where I'm speaking of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2008, 11:15 PM
EB2

1,925 posts, read 6,364,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackedInPrinceton View Post
"All of Trenton is horrible!" when they don't even know where I'm speaking of.
It's like the people that think NJ is a horrible state, and it's all a giant dumpsite/turnpike/industrial/Newark-type place.

Old 09-29-2008, 10:20 AM

21,274 posts, read 6,348,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackedInPrinceton View Post
Picked up my copy of the Trenton Times the other day and found out that Trenton was listed as the 8th most walkable city in the US. Even ahead of Boston which was listed in the 9 spot... I have to say I'm a little shocked by this one. The convenience is great, lot of bars, great pizza, etc. But you would think they would take off points for being unsafe. But hey my town finally made the list of "best" something I can pretend I'm happy about it LOL... and I still think my section of town is very nice. And I'm tired of all the people who don't know what side of town I'm talking about disagree and say "All of Trenton is horrible!" when they don't even know where I'm speaking of.
I have to honestly say I'm not familiar with Trenton so it would be unfair to make any comments about it. I am sure that, like any city, it has it's good parts as well as bad.

Old 09-29-2008, 11:52 AM

1,943 posts, read 6,984,189 times
I don't know much about Trenton aside from occasional visits but it seems to me like the really bad part is just north of downtown . . . and that otherwise it wouldn't be a terrible place to live without a car. I think most towns in NJ are pretty walkable compared to most of the rest of the country. It's just that most New Jerseyans don't take advantage of it.

Old 10-01-2008, 08:59 PM

393 posts, read 1,086,559 times
Spell it Trenton, say it Tren' N

I took at lot of heat for saying Tren 'N from my NY friends, they would say, "Why do NJ people always eat their "T"'s ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: