Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2017, 01:15 PM

1 posts, read 1,371 times

Advertisements

Would love to hear some feedback about both of these towns. Initially we were very drawn to Westwood but have been swayed to nearby towns with "better" school systems (we have 2 under the age of 3years old).

I like both towns but understand they are quite different in size. What else are the differences? Does Oradell really feel like an small town? How diverse is it- what are the main religious and ethnic groups? Reason this is important is because I grew up in a small town with no diversity and everyone knew everyone's business (and it is still this way). Would like a different experience for my 2 boys.

Looking for some honest feedback as we make this very important decision.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2017, 07:05 PM

20,702 posts, read 9,296,551 times
Only somewhat familiar with Oradell but I grew up in Glen Rock and am very familiar with Wycoff. If you can afford it, it's a great little town. That said, I haven't lived there since the 80's so my info could be out of date.

But I think it's hard to miss with most towns in Bergen County.

Old 05-06-2017, 07:52 PM

2,509 posts, read 2,468,360 times
For me, I would pick the Fardale section of Mahwah over Wyckoff. I would at least look at that section carefully before buying in Wyckoff.

Old 05-07-2017, 06:04 AM

3,176 posts, read 6,182,516 times
Oradell has many asian families and a good number of indian families as well. Not everyone knows everyone else but having children in school does connect people and makes it feel close knit. Oradell has a HIGH number of adults who grew up there moved away, traveled the country and then moved back to raise a family which I suppose is a testament to the area. Many secular families, many Catholic and Jewish families.

Oradell is also popular (aside from the schools) bc it tends to run affluent, is pretty but is still cozy and not full of itself... and it's a train town (w/ free parking), of course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey