Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2008, 09:21 PM

51 posts, read 200,430 times

Advertisements

I would like peoples opinions on the current housing market in NJ. Every time I turn on the TV, I hear about falling home values. Obviously in Markets like California, people are taking huge hits. I see homes staying on the market longer, but have NJ home values dropped that much?
I had my house appraised last year for a refinance. How much less would my house be worth now?
I live in a really great neighborhood that has always been in demand. I have noticed homes staying on the market longer but i think most people are still getting decent prices for their homes. I am considering selling, but I won't if it means losing my shirt. Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2008, 09:41 PM

828 posts, read 3,137,573 times
There have been several topics on this very issue on this forum.
Other than hearing the same thing from the same people, me included, why don't you just scroll down and look at the recent threads about real estate.

Old 03-08-2008, 10:30 PM

387 posts, read 1,429,409 times
He's only posted 29 times... perhaps he didnt realize there were other threads... But in my opinion most markets are bad right now so I really dont see a good reason to sell your home unless of course you have to. It just doesnt make financial sense. BTW to the OP... I see you live in Voorhees, very nice! I go down every tuesday to watch the Flyers practice and then have some fun its a great town!

Old 03-09-2008, 11:49 AM

1,369 posts, read 4,637,401 times
We just moved from California. We put in a bid on a home in Cherry Hill that was just accepted, 20% off asking price.

I just sold my home in California and we took an offer that was roughly about 8% off asking.

We needed a home to live in so we obviously got a great deal. We are not investors or flippers.

IMO, if you do not need to sell, don't!

~Shanny

Old 03-09-2008, 07:26 PM

1,049 posts, read 4,018,609 times
If you will be trading up to another home, I do not see it as losing any money. If you take a low offer on your home, say 10% off asking, and the home you are about to purchase accepts an offer 10 % below asking, it's a tradeoff. There is a huge selection of homes on the market, this gives the buyer an advantage. With the proper marketing you probably will do OK selling your home. Where will you be purchasing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey