Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2017, 10:08 AM

34 posts, read 53,606 times

Advertisements

Yesterday I had an incident at a store in Clifton with a woman and her husband. First I was looking for something in an isle inside a store. Then by accident I tripped on the woman and then she told me "Hey that's not cool stay off my back!" And then I apologized to her and let her know that it was an accident. Then I went to look for the same thing in another store and then she comes in with her husband and then she starts accusing me of tripping on her on purpose. Then her husband curses and threatens me unless if we call the police. Then someone that was with me told the woman that I have a disability (I rather not say what disability it is). Then the woman was very understanding and even told her husband to just go and the person that was with me will take care of it. But her husband still wasn't understanding at all and said that "We need to call the cops!" So the person that was with me called the police and when the police arrived the woman talked to them and then I talked to them. I overheard that she and her husband both live in Clifton. And then thank goodness that the woman was very understanding, that she told the police not to do anything about it. And then I apologized and shook hands with the police and told them that I will never go near anyone again and I will be very careful for the rest of my life. As for her husband he smiled at the police and just left the store. Then the other customers at the store were all on my side and understood everything about my disability and what happened. But still I have heard numerous cases where women have accused men of doing things to them such as the Brian Banks case. I am not saying that this woman is like that. I strongly believe that she just panicked and I do respect that about her. But her husband however I still feel uncomfortable about him though.
And another time in March of this year I parked at a parking lot in Downtown Clifton and I left someone that was with me in my car. And then when I went inside the place, I saw through the window a man trying to break in my car. And then he just left the parking lot. Finally I went to my car and the person that was with me inside my car told me that he thought that it was his car but didn't believe him. Then I just drove off and left the parking lot.
I remember when I was a lad, I used to visit one my relatives in Clifton and we used to have fun there, especially in the backyard. But now I am hearing a lot of negative stories about Clifton lately for the past couple of years. So my two questions are, how is it really there nowadays and what are the people that live there are like nowadays as well?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2017, 10:14 AM

19,116 posts, read 25,309,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christophermuniz1993 View Post
I was looking for something in an isle inside a store.
Did that isle have a nice sandy beach?

Old 06-18-2017, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Did that isle have a nice sandy beach?
No but I can't recall what the isle had.

Old 06-18-2017, 02:58 PM

19,116 posts, read 25,309,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christophermuniz1993 View Post
No but I can't recall what the isle had.

Was it anything like an aisle?

Old 06-18-2017, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Was it anything like an aisle?
Oh yes! That's how you spell it, my apologies.

Old 06-19-2017, 04:00 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,925,121 times
Paragraphs are our friend.

Old 06-19-2017, 04:08 PM

4,027 posts, read 3,630,083 times
Clifton is ok. Isolated incidents don't represent an entire city.

Old 06-21-2017, 08:24 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,471,209 times
barnes and nobles is nice

seton hall is making a new med school

route 3 traffic sucks.

the citibank is packed on weekends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: