Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2017, 10:53 AM

15 posts, read 20,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Do what you do and you will find a match.

Enjoy your favorite passtime and some girl who shares the same passion will show up.

Looking for a meat market is the wrong course of action.

Your request, as stated, has no answer.
I like your suggestion. Thanks for replying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2017, 12:39 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,687,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetraveler123 View Post
I like your suggestion. Thanks for replying.
what is your favorite passtime?

Old 07-02-2017, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
what is your favorite passtime?
I like going to beach. And I like to travel to many different places. I mostly hang out with my family.

Old 07-03-2017, 05:32 AM

88,567 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I married a guy who had been to collage, had a career, and owned a house. Be that guy. He picked me. He pursued me until he won.

Boyfriends, girlfriends, whatever. I didn't have boyfriends when I was your age. I was too tall, blonde, pretty, and nerdy. "She'll never talk to me." I would have, but I'd have have gone off about molecular biology or some nonsense. That's not really attractive to guys who are trying to pick you up.
That is funny. I was way too tall--6' by 14--but I was not attractive, either. Interesting to learn that even a pretty girl didn't date.

By some bizarre twist of genetics, I have a very attractive daughter (more than once, people have actually gasped a little and said, "That's YOUR daughter?" when they saw her picture.). She's also only 5'8", so she didn't have to live with the overheight horror. Those few inches make a difference and keep her in the above-average-yet-normal range.

She got all the goodies that come with beauty, boyfriends in high school, people who were receptive to her because of her looks, but it was a learning experience for me as her mom to discover that while looks open doors, it's not a guarantee against self-doubt or self-esteem issues.

So OP, everybody's got something. Look not just for "a girlfriend", but a person whom you genuinely like and can connect with. Don't worry about what other people think.

Old 07-03-2017, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
That is funny. I was way too tall--6' by 14--but I was not attractive, either. Interesting to learn that even a pretty girl didn't date.

By some bizarre twist of genetics, I have a very attractive daughter (more than once, people have actually gasped a little and said, "That's YOUR daughter?" when they saw her picture.). She's also only 5'8", so she didn't have to live with the overheight horror. Those few inches make a difference and keep her in the above-average-yet-normal range.

She got all the goodies that come with beauty, boyfriends in high school, people who were receptive to her because of her looks, but it was a learning experience for me as her mom to discover that while looks open doors, it's not a guarantee against self-doubt or self-esteem issues.

So OP, everybody's got something. Look not just for "a girlfriend", but a person whom you genuinely like and can connect with. Don't worry about what other people think.
Wow! That is amazing! And I really like your suggestion.

Old 07-05-2017, 10:47 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,687,864 times
Quote:
Wow! That is amazing! And I really like your suggestion.
what suggestion did she have? to not care what other people think? how are you going to get a girlfriend if you dont care what other people think?

what you need is to be in a position where it is normal for you to talk to people that you dont know. then you have to pretend to be a better person than you really are.

Old 07-06-2017, 07:56 AM

2,669 posts, read 2,090,943 times
Quote:
I like going to beach. And I like to travel to many different places. I mostly hang out with my family.

Well do you have friends? Male and female? If you don't then I would start trying to meet people first, then GF. You mostly hanging out with you family is not really helpful in meeting other people.
Do you also live at home and commute to school?

And I was surprised to read that you parents "don't let" you go to Manhattan by yourself at 20 and you actually listen? I hope you realize how immature and ridiculous this sounds...

Old 07-06-2017, 08:08 AM

1,174 posts, read 1,748,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefiantNJ View Post
Well do you have friends? Male and female? If you don't then I would start trying to meet people first, then GF. You mostly hanging out with you family is not really helpful in meeting other people.

And I was surprised to read that you parents "don't let" you go to Manhattan by yourself at 20 and you actually listen? I hope you realize how immature and ridiculous this sounds...
This. it will help your social skills which will help you in dating. Also, a girl might find it weird that you dont have any friends. That should definitely be your first step and i bet it naturally leads to you finding people to date.

Old 07-06-2017, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
what suggestion did she have? to not care what other people think? how are you going to get a girlfriend if you dont care what other people think?

what you need is to be in a position where it is normal for you to talk to people that you dont know. then you have to pretend to be a better person than you really are.
Lol, to not choose a girlfriend based on what other people think but rather someone with whom you have a connection. Too many young men and women pick a partner based on how she or he will impress their friends.

Old 07-06-2017, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefiantNJ View Post

I was wondering if the OP is of a culture in which kids stay with their parents till marriage. Surely you are aware that such people live in New Jersey. Ridiculing someone because they are different from you isn't helpful and makes you look like you're not all that yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey