U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2008, 07:56 AM

323 posts, read 1,708,318 times

Advertisements

Hi there!
I am a former Western New Yorker , moved to Raleigh, NC and will be moving up to Bayonne, NJ. (due to a relationship).
Since I have been a travel Nurse I will be trying to find a travel contract job in NJ and possibly Manhatten while I am waiting for my NJ nursing license to come through. I also have two dogs. I am big on Integrative medicine and Alternative Health.
My questions are:
#1 is there a fenced in dog park in Bayonne?
#2 Anyone recommend a good Intergrative medicine person, acupuncturist, or alterntive health practioner?

#3 What agencies are in Beth Israel or some otehr area hospitals and last but not least:

I want to join a gym. The Gym I go to down here in Raleigh is Planet Fitness. 10.00 per month, no commitment and a very nice gym.
You think I can find something even closely comparable or am I living in the Twilight Zone?
Thank you so much in advance
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2008, 08:08 AM

828 posts, read 3,030,728 times
Fenced in Dog park?
Not that I can remember.

Alternative Health Practice?
There probably is one in the immediate area. Try using Google.

Agencies in hospitals?
Try going to each hospitals websites. Bayonne Hospital has been hurting financially for years, so I would not look there. Beth Israel? Good hospital, great cardio-unit...again, do research by checking out various hospitals websites.

Lastly, $10 per month gym?
Yeah, that's twilight zone stuff.
Look to pay much more.

Old 03-11-2008, 08:16 AM

323 posts, read 1,708,318 times
lol...thanks. I thought perhaps i was in the twilight zone about the gym memberships. I did call the Forum though in Bayoone. Sounds good.
As far as Hospitals; I was more wondering if there were nurses out there that could direct me to the best travel nurse agencies that place nurses in or around the bayonne, NJ or Manhatten , NY area.

Old 03-11-2008, 08:35 AM

828 posts, read 3,030,728 times
If memory serves me, The Forum is the oldest gym in Bayonne...starting up in the early 80's.
There are a few of us here from Bayonne, and we are more than willing to help out.
Good luck.

Old 04-13-2008, 03:59 PM

1 posts, read 8,388 times
I live in Bayonne, here are my suggestions:

1) Dog Park: The Sirius Dog Park is fenced in and prett nice. We take our dog there pretty regularly. The website is: [URL="http://www.bayonnenj.org/dog.htm"]Sirius Dog Park - City of Bayonne, New Jersey[/URL]

2) Gym: I go the the YMCA gym. It is $450 for a year membership. There are plenty of new machines, a pool, and some classes. I have had a pretty good experience there.

3) As for a good doctor, I haven't really looked. I tend to go to Manhattan for that as it's closer to my work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey