Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2017, 09:48 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,697,355 times

Advertisements

I drove everyday and even some nights on the I-95 Turnpike, I-78, GSE, and many roads. Too many procrastinating drivers doing dangerous maneuvers and very slow speeds on the highway.

Almost 3-4 times I nearly rear ended someone because they stopped in the middle of the road unsure of where to go.

Many NY plate hogging left lanes and overall just very poor pace on the highway. Lots of speed up and slow downs for no reasons. I did see a few accidents on the roads nothing much all rear end accidents.

With today's technology such as GPS, voice navigation, and lane assist there should be no reason to procrastinate or make unsafe lane changes on the highways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2017, 10:00 PM

5,772 posts, read 16,584,927 times
This is the seasonal time of the year many Nooh Yukkers are out,, not used to going over 50 mph, no clue as to mannerisms nor customs nor norms of highway driving,,
Now I'm not condemning all NY drivers, many are experienced,,, some are not.

I see many driving in the left lane,,, you can try and do something about it or just fuhggedaboudit and do our usual speeds around them. Can't teach everyone.

Usually 99% of the time I just get around them,,, they will MAYBE figure it out someday?

Not wortth getting your CARMA karma bent out of any shape

Old 07-10-2017, 06:10 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,658,251 times
I feel for you. A few years back I was on my way to the Berkshires for Thanksgiving.It was 2pm on the Tue before we were just getting off the NJ Turnpike on to the Garden State becuase we wanted to stay away from the NYC traffic.We got about 7 miles on the GS Parkway and stop ,dead stop!We crossed the Tappan Zee at 10:45 pm! The worst day for me ever driving....ever!

Old 07-10-2017, 06:37 AM

585 posts, read 492,657 times
It's not just New Yorkers, it's all out of state drivers, however New Yorkers are the worst. I too cannot understand how someone can drive in the left lane of interstate with no one in front me and a caravan of cars right behind me and either be completely oblivious or just so clucking selfish as not to care.

Old 07-10-2017, 09:04 AM

1,352 posts, read 1,530,898 times
I have watched cars with NY plates enter a 3 lane highway with stores on the shoulders, go from the shoulder all the way to the left lane. Also there was NO traffic on the highway!
I used to think PA drivers were dense, (at least the ones driving on NJ highways), then I figured it out. They were ex-NYers that had moved to the Poconos. If you get further west in PA the mostly seem to drive like humans.

Old 07-10-2017, 10:57 AM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times
Some of us are...or were. I'll never forget the first time I drove from NEPA to NNJ, Philly on game day, DC on a weekend. I was sure I was going to die. I can't even imagine how many people I seriously pi@@ed off. Live and learn.

The New Yorkers (and Philadelphians) who don't own a car and rent once a year--or less--for a trip are scary. I've known a few of them. They haven't driven in a long time and decide to drive to the Outer Banks or some other far flung place.

We're on the road with these people. There should be some sort of sign on these cars. WARNING! I don't really know how to drive.

Old 07-10-2017, 05:59 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,697,355 times
I was loving the weekend when the beaches were closed no NYS plates going south. My wife was surprised how quickly we went from Edison down to Jackson without hitting any traffic jam at 2pm. I told her the parks and beaches were shutdown.

This past weekend, was especially annoying because there were lots of big rigs on the I-95 probably just came back from their vacation and it's especially annoying and dangerous trying to get around big rigs and other slow poke cars blocking all lanes from Secaucus heading towards Newark until the lanes split to cars / truck lanes.

Also nothing like seeing Mustangs, Vettes, and Chargers doing 60mph. I have not seen one single V8 muscle car going above 70mph.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey