Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2017, 11:35 PM

1,471 posts, read 3,458,487 times

Advertisements

I feel like I may have asked this question here a while back, but I can't find the thread, so I'm gonna (possibly) ask again... does anyone know of any home inspectors that will look at a new construction home in the Morris County Area? I have called several places, and everyone has told me that they don't inspect new construction homes. The project manager for my home seems to be very competent, but I'd like to get an independent inspector if possible. Does anyone have any ideas? Is it necessary? Thanks for any information or advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2017, 09:01 AM
Gup

115 posts, read 204,161 times
Off topic, but who built your new construction, details and how was the whole experience?

In regards to your question, yes you def need an inspector or an engineer to evaluate. Check out houzz.com or even Redfin for input on such individuals.

Old 07-23-2017, 11:06 AM

3,067 posts, read 8,405,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhelder View Post
I feel like I may have asked this question here a while back, but I can't find the thread, so I'm gonna (possibly) ask again... does anyone know of any home inspectors that will look at a new construction home in the Morris County Area? I have called several places, and everyone has told me that they don't inspect new construction homes. The project manager for my home seems to be very competent, but I'd like to get an independent inspector if possible. Does anyone have any ideas? Is it necessary? Thanks for any information or advice.
Just sent you a PM!

Good Luck!

Old 07-23-2017, 12:13 PM

1,471 posts, read 3,458,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gup View Post
Off topic, but who built your new construction, details and how was the whole experience?

In regards to your question, yes you def need an inspector or an engineer to evaluate. Check out houzz.com or even Redfin for input on such individuals.
Thanks for the tip. It must be a NJ thing, because I'm having a real rough time with this, and I consider myself to be a very decent researcher.

As far as the home details, I'm buying a townhome in the Shadow Woods community by Ryan Homes in Mount Arlington. The process so far has been wonderful. I got a very good price on the house (according to my appraisal report, I may have gotten the best deal in the community, and that was without a Realtor), they have treated me very fairly, and everyone up until this point has been honest about everything. My sales agent, project manager, and loan officer have all been terrific and consistently provide me with updates. I'm not done yet, but I have been thrilled with everything so far. The community is selling quickly and the asking price for the homes are up significantly over the price I got. The PM seems to be very intelligent, honest, and on top of his game, but I still think I'd like an independent inspection... if I can get one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: