Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2017, 10:03 AM

7,643 posts, read 6,478,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdacunha View Post
It's all about living according to your means and SAVING. There is nothing wrong with living at home with mom and dad if you are SAVING. Put that $ to use in rental real estate instead of living the high life in Hoboken, JC or NYC. These kids don't have any cash reserve or emergency savings. Live month to month...stupid
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2017, 12:37 PM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busch Boy View Post
I'm curious to know what is meant by "marginal" in these posts. Are we talking about safe, but crappy towns like Garfield/Lodi or places like Newark/Paterson?
He lives in South Jersey, so it's a slightly different game. Yes, there are places which look a bit shabby but seem OK. One nice looking older suburban neighborhood is a mile down the road from the gates of Hell. That town next door used to be nice but has been declining for years. I told him that the drug addicts wouldn't even need a car to get over there. Then there are the semi-rural properties. I guess when there's plenty of land available, zoning isn't important.

Old 08-14-2017, 05:48 AM

115 posts, read 146,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
I recently drove through Harrison on my way to Newark and was amazed by what going on there. Looked very millineal to me.
It is. And, that is exactly what it's intended to be! https://www.citylab.com/design/2017/...-a-box/534024/ Harrison (the southern end -- bordering Newark's Ironbound-- is being dubbed "The Riverbend District." And, when completed is intended to be a modern district that caters to millennial interests)... it's actually pretty exciting... and, also very interesting to see how the area has changed (and, will be changing).

Old 08-14-2017, 06:23 AM

5,818 posts, read 12,626,350 times
I was born and raised in a city atmosphere. When we got married and had children we couldn't wait to "get out of the city" I always wanted a nice sized yard, safe area and decent public schools. Hoboken, Jersey City and Newark didn't offer these amenities. Wife and I commuted to our jobs and haven't looked back. I guess peoples feelings are different now? Do these areas now have large properties, good schools and safe areas. We got tired of urban life, sirens, ambulances, gunshots, pollution etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey