Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2017, 10:17 PM

88,508 posts, read 84,673,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
The first geocache I found was in a tree in an unused section behind an active cemetery. Then I got to look at the monuments, too. Double header.
We could hang.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2017, 09:30 AM

620 posts, read 1,072,457 times
After the Perth Amboy bridge area to me ( passaic country native) it is central jersey. Those are mostly white beach towns and inland towns with the exception of Asbury Park and a few others. After point pleasant is considered South NJ. Its all a matter of opinion.

But north jersey people always are more diverse and dress wayyy better and
And with more swag than central jersey. Down there they are more tight knit, Mcmansions and typical "Jersey shore" look. Most kids do coke, mollys and weed and drive BMWs courtesy of daddy's credit card. I find it wayyy boring down there. Almost nothing to do.

South jersey is mostly woods and the few cities are related more to Philly than NYC. So the culture mimicks that ... including dread locks and being ghetto.

Of course there are general thoughts. Many people from south Nj always move up north ... yet bring their lousy dress code with them ... google normcore

Old 08-05-2017, 03:54 PM

32,915 posts, read 36,310,068 times
You failed to mention the inbred, toothless, Pineys.

Old 08-05-2017, 06:50 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,645,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popfizz View Post
. Its all a matter of opinion.

But north jersey people always are more diverse and dress wayyy better and
And with more swag than central jersey. Down there they are more tight knit, Mcmansions and typical "Jersey shore" look. Most kids do coke, mollys and weed and drive BMWs courtesy of daddy's credit card. I find it wayyy boring down there. Almost nothing to do.

LOL, pretty ignorant,not to mention effing wrong.

Old 08-06-2017, 02:01 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,426,304 times
Tinton Falls is definitely NOT South Jersey.

I propose a very simple definition of South Jersey. It's comprised of the following counties: Burlington, Camden, Gloucester, Salem, Cumberland, Atlantic, and Cape May. Anything else is NOT South Jersey, but you Northerners are free to debate about whether it's Central Jersey or North Jersey. To me, it's all just North Jersey.

The whole "Shore = South Jersey" mantra absolutely does not ring to true people from my neck of the woods, myself included. We distinguish North Jersey beaches from South Jersey ones.

Old 08-06-2017, 07:19 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,047,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJhighlands87 View Post
I'm personally a harldliner on the Central Jersey issue. Give me good old East Jersey and West Jersey, as in colonial times.
NJ has always been defined by its orientations towards the large cities it borders. If you commute to NYC, or you get NYC media, you're in North, if you you commute to Philly or get the Philly news on TV, you're in South. Mercer is murky since I believe they come under both cities' broadcast spheres and feature commuters to both locales. I live in Ocean County now after living in Camden for several years. Ocean is decidedly not South, as there doesn't seem to be much Philly influence and most of the traffic goes up to New York not west to PA. I'd say what most call Central Jersey is really "lower North Jersey," basically the same media and work patterns as North, but generally flatter, more spread out, and newer construction in many areas. If there is a Central Jersey, where is it's hub? Is it New Brunswick? Is it Trenton? Princeton? I've had students from northern Hunterdon County that consider themselves Central Jersey. I know folks from Toms River that consider themselves Central Jersey.
I like the east/west division too.
In Mercer Co. we don't have much of an identity either way. We get NYC and Philly news, direct transportation (both ways). We drive bimmers and beaters, have Eagles/Giants and Phillies/Mets and Flyers/Rangers bar brawls.

http://westjersey.org/ew.gif

We embrace the best of the State

Old 08-06-2017, 08:05 PM

32,915 posts, read 36,310,068 times
That's only one of the lines. I prefer something like the Barnegat-Pennsauken line, but think it's a little too far South.

Old 08-07-2017, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Tinton Falls is definitely NOT South Jersey.

The whole "Shore = South Jersey" mantra absolutely does not ring to true people from my neck of the woods, myself included. We distinguish North Jersey beaches from South Jersey ones.
Tinton Falls is Central NEW Jersey.

Much of this BS is from the stupid TV show.The Original idea came from a few years of hell in Belmar where the Mayor called the summer renters from "Staten Island" "guido's".Year round residents were up in arms.A couple of the "Guido's came up with the idea but Belmar wouldn't allow the TV shoot so Seaside agreed and now regrets it,nothing but bad press and trouble from that show.

There are no North New Jersey Beaches, that's why the saying is "down the shore"

Old 08-07-2017, 12:54 PM

5,733 posts, read 4,685,750 times
What's the difference?

The amount of hairspray used.

Old 08-07-2017, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
What's the difference?

The amount of hairspray used.
it's called respect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey