Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2013, 08:28 PM

12 posts, read 18,210 times

Advertisements

Hello all, new to the forums, so sorry if this has been asked already. I am moving from NY to NJ and I have found a one family house to live rent. It has two floors and a basement. In NY, I never had to pay for my own gas, heat, and water before. I only had to pay for electricity. Can you guys give me an estimate/average cost for utilities in Jersey City, gas/heat/water/electricity please? I want to make sure I budget correctly. Also, I will be living near 64 Williams Avenue, Jersey City, NJ 07304, how is this part of Jersey City? Your advice is very welcomed, thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2013, 02:01 PM

12 posts, read 18,210 times
Ok, I got a lot of advice thru other threads on the actual area where I would be moving into. Any information on the utilities would be appreciated tho, thanks!

Old 02-17-2013, 02:45 PM

19,128 posts, read 25,341,241 times
People may be able to supply you with their actual utility costs in Jersey City, but unless you...
...have a furnace identical to theirs...
...have a water heater identical to theirs...
...keep the furnace thermostat at the same setting that they do...
...have the same type of insulation and the same type of windows that they do...
...take the same number of showers and stay in the shower for the same length of time that they do...
...keep the same number of lights lit, with the same types of bulbs that they have...
...have electrical appliances identical to those people...
...use the same type of air conditioners, at the same setting that they use...
...then the utility costs of those people will bear little resemblance to what you can expect.

The best estimate that I can give you is that your total gas/electric/water/sewer costs each month could vary anywhere from $200-$500.
Unfortunately, that wide an estimate is not likely to be of much help to you in your planning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey