Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 07:38 AM

9,375 posts, read 20,801,239 times

Advertisements

How about "Garden State" with Zach Braff (??) he's an actor on the show Scrubs, I think. My wife loves that show. Also I know Natalie Portman is the film. I don't really know anything about the film, since I haven't seen it, but know about it since I love the music on the soundtrack, particularly Nick Drake's "One of These Things First". Anyway, I'd have to think that movie was filmed at least in part in NJ.

Another film I know was filmed in NJ was "Clerks". (In Leonardo,actually) I TRIED to watch that film, and made it about half way through. I know, I am in the minority, most people seemed to love that film.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2008, 07:41 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,607,487 times
What baout that one..The Depot I think it was called - with the little person who lived in the train depot. That was filmed in Rockaway - Green Pond Road and the bar he was hanging out in is that one in the Borough... can't think of the name of it but it's right there by the tracks - little place.

Old 03-14-2008, 07:48 AM

7,055 posts, read 19,309,136 times
Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle.

Harold and Kumar lived in Hoboken, they traveled to New Brunswick in search of White Castle, but it had closed. They stopped at Princeton University, got lost in a rural area of South Jersey, and ended up getting their slider fix at a White Castle in Cherry Hill. How much of the movie was actually filmed in NJ I don't know. The Hoboken apartment building didn't look like something in Hoboken. The rest was mostly road scenes that could've been shot anywhere.

ONE of the things I hated about Garden State was the fact that they went to a quarry IN NEWARK in the middle of the WOODS. Huh???

Old 03-14-2008, 08:02 AM

173 posts, read 818,825 times
WileyNJ, that was called "The Station Agent," a great film. I didn't know that was Rockaway. Cool. And Mike0421, you're not alone about Clerks. I'm the generation that was aimed at and, while many friends liked it, I thought it was bad.

Old 03-14-2008, 08:11 AM

259 posts, read 925,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
What baout that one..The Depot I think it was called - with the little person who lived in the train depot. That was filmed in Rockaway - Green Pond Road and the bar he was hanging out in is that one in the Borough... can't think of the name of it but it's right there by the tracks - little place.
The bar was "The Mill Lane" tavern.

Old 03-14-2008, 08:13 AM

1,363 posts, read 5,928,196 times
And there is a James Gandolfini film coming out called "Keansburg" (I think) that was filmed in Keansburg. I saw that in the paper a month or so ago.

Old 03-14-2008, 08:30 AM

1,972 posts, read 5,422,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by regarese View Post
And there is a James Gandolfini film coming out called "Keansburg" (I think) that was filmed in Keansburg. I saw that in the paper a month or so ago.

Funny you should mention that film. My ex wife was just discussing that movie, because she lives in Keansburg and she met James Gandolfini twice and even had a picture taken with him at a local joint having lunch while during a break from the film. They were shooting some scenes at some local amusement park/ride.

Old 03-14-2008, 08:33 AM

786 posts, read 2,664,615 times
Default "The Wrestler" in Roselle Park and Dover

Funny, but i just read in the star ledger that an independent film called "The Wrestler" with Mickey Rourke and Marisa Tomei is filming in Roselle Park and Dover. In Roselle, they just finished filming in some tavern called Frenchy's Bar and Grill.

Old 03-14-2008, 08:34 AM

786 posts, read 2,664,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
Wow, that's cool to know since I work in Rockaway and use Green Pond Road a lot..gotta rent that film!

Old 03-14-2008, 09:11 AM

2,689 posts, read 3,966,413 times
I am surpised nobody mentioned kevin smith films, clerks, chasing amy, dogma, jay and silent bob, jersey girl all filmed around red bank, highlands, leonardo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey