Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2017, 11:20 PM

10,482 posts, read 6,999,249 times

Advertisements

I wil be moving to PA with a Murphy win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2017, 07:40 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,041,348 times
He seems to be in favor of "expanding voting rights". Which really means: marketing to lower uneducated segments of the population who don't have any real education or principles or philosophy. People that will vote for any thug who promises that he will use the police power of the state to steal stuff and give it to them. It has nothing to do with voting "rights", it has to do with making sure the wretched refuse keeps the promise-keepers in power.

The problem with this? It works. Wretched refuse exceeds principled and enlightened.

Old 10-24-2017, 07:46 AM

702 posts, read 540,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
He seems to be in favor of "expanding voting rights". Which really means: marketing to lower uneducated segments of the population who don't have any real education or principles or philosophy. People that will vote for any thug who promises that he will use the police power of the state to steal stuff and give it to them. It has nothing to do with voting "rights", it has to do with making sure the wretched refuse keeps the promise-keepers in power.

The problem with this? It works. Wretched refuse exceeds principled and enlightened.

At this point you might as well just say the 14 words.

Old 10-24-2017, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack2000 View Post
At this point you might as well just say the 14 words.
No further words are necessary, the obvious has been stated and the truth has been spoken. There are 200 million voters in this country. Probably about 150 million of them don't have a clue as to what freedom means or where it comes from. Promise them that you will give them stuff taken from "the rich"? They'll vote you in and sanction the theft. That's the reality of where we are today. Create "rights" out of thin air, then plunder productive people to make it happen. Right to employment, right to a house, right to a "living wage", right to health care. Just make up a right and select the victim who has to pay for it. And the pandering pusillanimous "people" will ignore reality, ignore the Constitution, and demand their "rights".

Expanding "voting rights" is a euphemism for "vote me in and I'll thieve and steal for you". And it will be right, because the majority said so.

Last edited by Marc Paolella; 10-24-2017 at 01:01 PM..

Old 10-24-2017, 01:17 PM

4,029 posts, read 3,639,406 times
I can see you shedding a tear while typing that.

Old 10-24-2017, 02:22 PM

3,305 posts, read 3,868,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
I wil be moving to PA with a Murphy win.
Everyone's always talking about moving in late October...

Old 10-24-2017, 07:10 PM

10,482 posts, read 6,999,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymoney View Post
Everyone's always talking about moving in late October...
I seriously am. Taxes in this state are unreasonable, Christie is the only reason we've stayed.

Old 10-24-2017, 07:20 PM

3,305 posts, read 3,868,278 times
We'll see.

Old 10-24-2017, 08:23 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,613,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
No further words are necessary, the obvious has been stated and the truth has been spoken. There are 200 million voters in this country. Probably about 150 million of them don't have a clue as to what freedom means or where it comes from. Promise them that you will give them stuff taken from "the rich"? They'll vote you in and sanction the theft. That's the reality of where we are today. Create "rights" out of thin air, then plunder productive people to make it happen. Right to employment, right to a house, right to a "living wage", right to health care. Just make up a right and select the victim who has to pay for it. And the pandering pusillanimous "people" will ignore reality, ignore the Constitution, and demand their "rights".

Expanding "voting rights" is a euphemism for "vote me in and I'll thieve and steal for you". And it will be right, because the majority said so.
Right on sir!

It's not like the US Constitution says anything about promoting the betterment of society or making a better world for our children (posterity).

Quote:
We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Old 10-24-2017, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHuskies View Post
Right on sir!

It's not like the US Constitution says anything about promoting the betterment of society or making a better world for our children (posterity).
There is no betterment to society or making a better world by operating on the principle of socially sanctioned theft and enslaving one group for the unearned and undeserved benefit of others.

Why not simply stick your kids on a plane to North Korea or Iran? Or worse, Sweden. I guess you want to kill them slowly.

"Do you want to know why I use a knife? Guns are too quick... you can't savor all the little emotions..."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey