Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2017, 10:00 AM

275 posts, read 213,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom1944 View Post
I am not for removing immigrants that came here when they were young and have maintained a solid life. I have no problem with removing those immigrants that have not acted as responsible citizens by committing crimes. I believe that DACA should protect the first group and if that defines NJ as a sanctuary state so be it.
Well! That's what makes this issue a really bad proposition. Resources are limited. It takes time and energy to generate them. If a sovereign nation can not control the number and/or type of people that takes in; then soon enough you'll have an out of control society. Needless to say, government will be taxing their citizens to oblivion because the coffers are empty for over spending and their uncontrollable corruption. So where and or when does government draw the line in terms of illegal immigration? DACA is not fair for America. And instead of blaming the U.S. government for it, we should be putting pressure on the leaders of the nations with the highest numbers of illegal aliens output.

Although a noble idea, what most American (within the Liberal realm) should be more concerned or focused on is "how to empower and improve their nations of origin" in order to stop their migration. If you speak to most illegal aliens, except me, they tell you that they would have preferred to stay in their countries of origin. I, for one, often times engage in arguments with my country men because I despise the country I come from. The primary reason that fueled my desire to leave was "culture". Some in the mainstream media, and most in the (indie) independent media have pointed out that clash of culture is driver for the division and subsequent decline of living standards in the Western world. But this extremely important point gets dismissed by most.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2017, 11:36 AM

2,499 posts, read 2,625,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdGuitar View Post
Well! That's what makes this issue a really bad proposition. Resources are limited. It takes time and energy to generate them. If a sovereign nation can not control the number and/or type of people that takes in; then soon enough you'll have an out of control society. Needless to say, government will be taxing their citizens to oblivion because the coffers are empty for over spending and their uncontrollable corruption. So where and or when does government draw the line in terms of illegal immigration? DACA is not fair for America. And instead of blaming the U.S. government for it, we should be putting pressure on the leaders of the nations with the highest numbers of illegal aliens output.

Although a noble idea, what most American (within the Liberal realm) should be more concerned or focused on is "how to empower and improve their nations of origin" in order to stop their migration. If you speak to most illegal aliens, except me, they tell you that they would have preferred to stay in their countries of origin. I, for one, often times engage in arguments with my country men because I despise the country I come from. The primary reason that fueled my desire to leave was "culture". Some in the mainstream media, and most in the (indie) independent media have pointed out that clash of culture is driver for the division and subsequent decline of living standards in the Western world. But this extremely important point gets dismissed by most.

It is not that deep for me. It is the fact that the few young adults I have met that were brought here as children are good people and this is the only country they know.

I have no issues with gang bangers and criminals not qualifying to stay under DACA but the other DACA illegals I would like to see them protected and be allowed to stay and work towards citizenship

Old 10-14-2017, 01:23 PM

2,516 posts, read 1,693,824 times
Was gonna vote for him but after reading this and several other of his ideas I won't now.

Old 10-14-2017, 04:05 PM

20,318 posts, read 19,905,966 times
Quote:
I am not for removing immigrants that came here when they were young and have maintained a solid life. I have no problem with removing those immigrants that have not acted as responsible citizens by committing crimes. I believe that DACA should protect the first group and if that defines NJ as a sanctuary state so be it.
Hopefully Murphy will provide the details of his sanctuary state goal before he's elected.

So far, he hasn't and I doubt he will.

Old 10-14-2017, 07:51 PM

521 posts, read 990,788 times
Quote:
children are good people and this is the only country they know.
So are kids who came legally and at a very young age. Why not extend DACA to all kids? Why is it only for kids who came without inspection?

And why is it only for kids who came before 2012? Why not make it applicable for all kids irrespective of when they arrived as well as for the kids coming in the future?

Old 10-14-2017, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shet View Post
So are kids who came legally and at a very young age. Why not extend DACA to all kids? Why is it only for kids who came without inspection?

And why is it only for kids who came before 2012? Why not make it applicable for all kids irrespective of when they arrived as well as for the kids coming in the future?
Fine with me

Old 10-14-2017, 10:08 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,250,421 times
Quote:
That wasn't the question you were asked.

But since you deflected...

They aren't immigrants. They are ILLEGAL aliens.

What type of a solid life, when their parents are also ILLEGAL and have never worked or lived a legal day in their life? But & yet have managed to collect a lot in welfare & run ERs out of business? Thanks to liberal idiots who need their votes & keep pushing policies through that cater to illegals and in order to "protect" their lib votes.

And then these illegal parents of illegal kids have the nerve to demand that their ILLEGAL kids to go to school/college (always on the dole)...and take the places & $$$ from LEGAL citizens who need the help?

We have enough legal Americans who could use the billions spent on illegals & their kids.

That is just a fact.

Old 10-14-2017, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack2000 View Post
Wow, for calling people snowflakes your conservatives sure are a bunch of ****ing crybabies. Please show me where I looked down on anyone.

Whatever Donald. Looks like NJ could be a sanctuary state soon. Guess you better GTFO.
Whatever, Enrique.

Nope, I'm staying. Just renovated my kitchen.

I might go to the shooting range to improve my aim...gotta be prepared.

Especially after one breaks in to a house and rapes a 6 year old girl.

Illegal immigrant breaks into NJ home, rapes 6-year-old girl, police say | Fox News

Old 10-14-2017, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shet View Post
No, for parent who entered legally, the kids are legally here and that is the issue. One of the criteria for getting an employment authorization under DACA is "entered the U.S. without inspection or fell out of lawful visa status before June 15, 2012".

However for parents who entered legally and are on non-immigrant visa and are from severely backlogged countries for employment based green cards, the wait time to apply for the last stage of greencard is 5 to 15 years or even more. If before that the kids turn 21, they lose their status because you cannot be on dependent visa anymore.

What this means is that the kids have to leave US. On the other hand the illegally entered kid can stay here as long as he or she wants thanks to DACA.

The only reason media or politicians do not talk about the legally entered kids is because they number just in thousands where the illegally entered people number in hundreds of thousands. And the main reason for the backlog in employment based green cards is because US immigration limits the number of people of any one country to 7% so that there is diversity in US and which is a good thing. But that is only for people who follow the law.
No.

DACA is all about those who were brought to this country ILLEGALLY. Their parents are illegal aliens and so are their kids.

Quote:
The program has allowed hundreds of thousands of young people who were brought to the United States illegally (by their ILLEGAL parents) as children to remain in the country.
DACA isn't about immigration, it's about ILLEGAL immigration.

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/im...rogram-n798761

The country one comes from doesn't deal with US green cards...you need a job (company), in the US that will sponsor your GC.

Old 10-15-2017, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
That wasn't the question you were asked.

But since you deflected...

They aren't immigrants. They are ILLEGAL aliens.

What type of a solid life, when their parents are also ILLEGAL and have never worked or lived a legal day in their life? But & yet have managed to collect a lot in welfare & run ERs out of business? Thanks to liberal idiots who need their votes & keep pushing policies through that cater to illegals and in order to "protect" their lib votes.

And then these illegal parents of illegal kids have the nerve to demand that their ILLEGAL kids to go to school/college (always on the dole)...and take the places & $$$ from LEGAL citizens who need the help?

We have enough legal Americans who could use the billions spent on illegals & their kids.

That is just a fact.

Was not trying to deflect

What specific question do you want me to answer that you think I did not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey