Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 06:15 AM

30 posts, read 109,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJMom View Post
That's great. It is an excellent letter.

Didn't know the governor flip flopped and rescinded. That is good news.....
Yeah...that in itself is interesting. He said when he ran for office that he wasn't a flip flopper if I recall. That was part of the debate between him and Forrester.

Amazing how around and around the wheel we go. Do you have knowledge of classical music? Specifically Carmina Burana? The opera is basically about the wheel of life and goes from utter desolation and misery in the beginning to progresses to utopia in the middle and then circles back around to desparation and misery again. Perfect for NJ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2006, 06:56 AM

604 posts, read 2,914,292 times
Did anybody ever consider that just maybe the politicians are not the ones in charge in NJ?

Old 12-12-2006, 09:25 AM

"Did anyone ever consider that just maybe the politicians aren't in control in NJ"

Please elaborate. I am interested to hear you rationale behind this one. Keep in mind that the Attorney General of the US and the FBI are arresting corrupt politicians as we speak.

Please...enlighten us...

Old 12-12-2006, 09:52 AM

604 posts, read 2,914,292 times
It was just a thought, I would not dare to speculate.

E

Old 12-13-2006, 01:23 AM

3,301 posts, read 6,326,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJMom View Post
Great letter!! Corzine is a complete waste. Bravo!!
And Corzine is just as corrupt as McGreevey was.

Old 12-14-2006, 05:37 PM

64 posts, read 289,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmomof2 View Post
Nancy,
My son beileve it or not (11.5 yr old) wants to move and is excited...my daughter who is 7.5 yrs old doesnt want to move...but I will say this it is easier to move now when they are that age then when they are already in high school....I wish you guys all the luck and good luck selling your home..Where in Jersey are you?

Staci
Staci,

Sorry it has taken me a few days to get back to you. Both kids home sick from school, you know how that goes. I do agree, it will be easier now then in High School. We are in Brick, It really is a nice place, but looking towards the future, it will cost us way to much here. Brick is do to be reassessed in 2009. Och!!!! What about you guys where in NJ do you live? Is your house on the market.? We have had several people looking, only listed a week before Thanksgiving. One couple has come back twice. I am hoping that we can get some bites on it Feb/March. Perfect timing if it works, my kids will be getting out of school soon after that, and then make the move down there. I have high hopes I guess.
I guess you can see that I am new to city-data, some of this topics are very interesting. It is good to see what other people think, I started looking at this doing some research on SC.
Nancy

Old 12-14-2006, 06:32 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,379,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancys1108 View Post
Staci,

Sorry it has taken me a few days to get back to you. Both kids home sick from school, you know how that goes. I do agree, it will be easier now then in High School. We are in Brick, It really is a nice place, but looking towards the future, it will cost us way to much here. Brick is do to be reassessed in 2009. Och!!!! What about you guys where in NJ do you live? Is your house on the market.? We have had several people looking, only listed a week before Thanksgiving. One couple has come back twice. I am hoping that we can get some bites on it Feb/March. Perfect timing if it works, my kids will be getting out of school soon after that, and then make the move down there. I have high hopes I guess.
I guess you can see that I am new to city-data, some of this topics are very interesting. It is good to see what other people think, I started looking at this doing some research on SC.
Nancy
Nancy,
We live in Jackson near java moon if u know where that is if not its off of 571....and Im a realtor as well..Too bad I didnt meet you sooner..LOL..Anyway our house is not listed yet, we are making a trip to Charlotte/Union County in Feb and im excited...hubby has a phone interview tomorrow pls keep your fingers crossed...Houses are just sitting right now and unfortuantley my house should sell for 670k however im lucky if I get 639k and well we bought it 2.5 yrs ago as a resale, so we will see....Anyway pls keep in touch and let me know if your house sells...Are you going to the area to look for houses? you can also go into the SC forum and ask all your questions there as well and you can PM anytime..just click on my user name it will give you options then do private message....

Old 12-15-2006, 06:46 AM

Dear Nancy & Stacy:

My fiance and I went down to Charlotte, NC back in February 2006 to look at houses for a possible relocation. Charlotte is a wonderful town and there are a ton of developments going up literally 5 minutes outside the city. Check out (broken link). Brand new houses (4 Bed, 2.5 bath) for under $200K. We looked at the Cardinal Collection, but if you want to spend a little more money and get more house, there are a few other developments for you to check out.

I would stay in NC, as SC is a completely different atmosphere. NC is very nice, you go to SC and its different. The schools are better in NC, and though the taxes are better in SC, you won't get the services as you will in NC. Stay north of the border and you'll be fine.

Best,
Chris

Last edited by Yac; 12-17-2006 at 10:28 AM.. Reason: realtor link

Old 12-15-2006, 07:52 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,379,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by econtenor View Post
Dear Nancy & Stacy:

My fiance and I went down to Charlotte, NC back in February 2006 to look at houses for a possible relocation. Charlotte is a wonderful town and there are a ton of developments going up literally 5 minutes outside the city. Check out (broken link). Brand new houses (4 Bed, 2.5 bath) for under $200K. We looked at the Cardinal Collection, but if you want to spend a little more money and get more house, there are a few other developments for you to check out.

I would stay in NC, as SC is a completely different atmosphere. NC is very nice, you go to SC and its different. The schools are better in NC, and though the taxes are better in SC, you won't get the services as you will in NC. Stay north of the border and you'll be fine.

Best,
Chris
Thanks Chris,
We found quite a few developments in Union County that we love..my hubby has been to charlotte where I have not as of yet, and of course he needs to find a job first..lol I agree with your comments SC vs NC we know people that were looking in SC and oh boy they said it was definatley a bit different than living in NC im excited for february since that is when we are taking the trip to NC and the charlotte area....Did you guys decide to move to NC or are you staying in howell. I just recieved my national association of realtors mag in my email and I tell you its very scary, the prices of homes here are going to still decline, they say a little up swing in the spring but this wont be over for another 2 yrs, I told my hubby we have to sell and get out because if we dont and god forbid something should happen to his job or whatnot we will be in a bit of trouble since our taxes will be going up again end of 07.....
Staci

Last edited by Yac; 12-17-2006 at 10:29 AM..

Old 12-15-2006, 09:46 AM

We stayed in Howell. My fiance wants to stay in NJ because she is getting Certified as a School Psychologist and teacher in NJ and has spent a lot of money going for her Master's Degree. So, we'll see. We didn't move because there were no schools in NC that could give her the accredidation she needed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey