Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2017, 07:17 AM

186 posts, read 176,100 times

Advertisements

The Election is only a few days away and just curious if a greater # of people will exit the state. NJ is #1 in people leaving the state. The are some questionable things about Murphy 1- He wants to make it a Sanctuary state,look how that has turned out in other states 2- He has no plans on reducing property taxes but will raise them instead. Kim G said she does but we all have that before and they never do in the 32 years I have been living in NJ Just looking for people opinion Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2017, 07:53 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,212,517 times
In response to the thread question: YES I think so!

Potentially after election night they'll be an increase in "I'm leaving NJ" threads and probably rightfully so. There's already people commenting in CD and around the internet saying that they'll move out of NJ if Murphy wins.

It seems that every time I open my ears to the goings on in NJ politics it seems they (the tax increase hungry) are trying to find a legal way to extort from hard working peoples with no ending in sight imo.

New taxes? Yeah who know if Murphy wins maybe a new annual motor vehicle property tax amongst other taxes going upwards. The dems/liberals/some repubs love to tax and spend on what I have no idea sometimes as those increased tax receipts seems to go into "the black hole". With all the taxpayers in this state I many times wonder why NJ never has enough tax income - I can guess why though.

NJ is $ out of control imho.

If Kim wins she'll probably "temper" the tax increase situation and no sanctuary state garbage to worry about. To me she's definitely the better of the two running for sure.

I wish for the best.

Old 11-05-2017, 07:58 AM

1,069 posts, read 1,257,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retired58 View Post
The Election is only a few days away and just curious if a greater # of people will exit the state. NJ is #1 in people leaving the state. The are some questionable things about Murphy 1- He wants to make it a Sanctuary state,look how that has turned out in other states 2- He has no plans on reducing property taxes but will raise them instead. Kim G said she does but we all have that before and they never do in the 32 years I have been living in NJ Just looking for people opinion Thanks
There is only so much the governor can do to influence the tax burden. NJ is in a financial pickle regardless of the outcome of this election.

Old 11-05-2017, 08:16 AM

20,363 posts, read 19,978,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfrex View Post
There is only so much the governor can do to influence the tax burden. NJ is in a financial pickle regardless of the outcome of this election.
This.

The legislative politicians in addition to an activist, legislating court does more damage than a governor can.

Old 11-05-2017, 09:14 AM

275 posts, read 215,005 times
With the current political atmosphere in the nation as a whole, I believe I will be forced out of the State. Even for a minority as myself, New Jersey has become way too liberal for me and my family. The cost is excessive and there is no end in sight. And it will continue to go crazier now that most liberals are trying to......."resist" (whatever the f*** that means).

Old 11-05-2017, 09:27 AM

2,499 posts, read 2,632,318 times
So many people will be leaving that I plan to pick up a home in Alpine for $150,000.

Old 11-05-2017, 09:38 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,212,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfrex View Post
Yes but if Murphy wins his bad $ tax ideas will mostly get majority support and passed.

Murphy = more $ tax extortion than Kim would potentially imho.

Old 11-05-2017, 09:52 AM

23,608 posts, read 17,294,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
This.

The legislative politicians in addition to an activist, legislating court does more damage than a governor can.
We are looking at both houses and gov being democrat vs a repub and both house being democrat. then add in the judicial and prosecutorial activists, which, if nothing else, CC did dump that one anti gun activist judge.

NJ is lost cause because of its accumulation of past legislative transgressions and the lack of incentive to change the political landscape. Add to that the high tolerance of the 'voters' to pain and stunning gullibility, place NJ's neck is in a snare that just tightens after every election.

Deblasio...ooops! murphy, will be elected for one term. His academic theoretical social justice tendencies and proposed legislative platform ignore the reality of what would make NJ livable for the greater majority of citizens.

Murphy continues the legacy of goldman alum collecting political trophies. As legendary as free masons, Goldman alum have enjoyed key positions on the political landscape from senator to governor to head of the treasury. Odd that none of them have been outstanding, innovative or helpful. If obama and hillary's financial guru, jon corzine, senator governor and now hedge fund manager, could solve NJ economic woes, Murphy will hardly be a footnote except for a mass migration to PA, DE, MD. That includes business and citizens.

When a guy pays 200k a year property tax, don't expect someone who can relate to NJ citizens except in academic theory, like a kardashian living with a normal family in a 1,500 sq ft home and 10 year car. Good for reality TV, a spectacle for sure and a certificate that proclaims intimate knowledge of the 'little people' that had no clue a purse can cost 40K dollars.

Old 11-05-2017, 10:29 AM

1,069 posts, read 1,257,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
Yes but if Murphy wins his bad $ tax ideas will mostly get majority support and passed.

Murphy = more $ tax extortion than Kim would potentially imho.
I mean, we either pay the pension or try to be the first state to file for bankruptcy protection down the road. NJEA isn't taking concessions. Both scenario have bad outcomes. At the end of the day, we can't keep giving public transit the shaft - so that has to be funded somehow.

Old 11-05-2017, 11:08 AM

275 posts, read 215,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post

When a guy pays 200k a year property tax, don't expect someone who can relate to NJ citizens except in academic theory, like a kardashian living with a normal family in a 1,500 sq ft home and 10 year car. Good for reality TV, a spectacle for sure and a certificate that proclaims intimate knowledge of the 'little people' that had no clue a purse can cost 40K dollars.
Try more like $407,862.64 a year. The $200K is only for the first bi-annual tax bill......

Taxes: 203501.98 / 204360.66
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey