Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2017, 07:01 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times

Advertisements

While driving home, I turned on NJ 101.5 Radio Station, the D&D show. (Deminski and Doyle)
They were discussing how all these woman are coming out about being sexually harassed or even worse sexually assaulted.

The one guy really turns me off, he is Such a "know it all"...and is unable to view anyone else's opinion, views, or pain, other than his own. He has no ability to look beyond his own personal culture and consider someone else's point of view. He literally verbally attacks people if they have different views than he does, and I cannot believe the show is so popular, b/c he doesn't seem to have any life experiences, or, his garden is extremely small...if you know what I mean?

So, after a few calls on the subject, this woman in her 60's calls in, and proceeds to bravely say, that at 5 years old, she was sexually abused by a neighbor. And it happened a couple of times.

Then, the arsehole, Deminski, pompously asks her, "So, tell me, why did you go back" if he was sexually abusing you? Because she was freakin 5 years old! You idiot!

The poor woman didn't know what to say, she stammered and stuttered and said, "well, because they had a dog and I liked him". Sleezy neighbor probably used that dog to entice other children to enter his home.

But my point is, I am appalled & disgusted by his ignorance, I mean, I've heard this radio announcer say some pretty dumb things in the past years, but this took the cake. He should be kicked off that show for saying such a thing.

Let me tell you something, I was sexually abused by an uncle, and it started when I was five years old...and I didn't tell my mother until I was 10 or 12, (can't remember)? b/c I was afraid, b/c I feared no one would believe me, because he told me no one would believe me and I'd get into trouble and they'd take me away to a children's home.

So, you dumb arse Deminski, think before you speak....the woman was 5 years old!!! YOU IDIOT!!!

and to the woman who called into the show, I commend you, for being so brave, I wouldn't be so brave, and don't you dare blame yourself for what happened. You were only 5 years old, a baby...you didn't know what to do, you didn't even really know what was going on...so...Lady, you are to be commended for being so brave and working thru this...don't ever allow anyone to make you feel lessor of a person because your not afraid to tell.

I think it's time, we all start training our children...b/c I don't believe this country even begins to understand, how much of this really goes on...between the priests and not this....

I bet there are tons of woman who have been sexually abused and most of you don't even know it.

So, I just wanted to put this out there, and if your reading this Deminski, your a full fledged class idiot!!!

It's time you wake up and realize, not everyone thinks and feels like you do, doesn't make them wrong and you right!!!

And to anyone who would put his or her hands on a child, you should be put to sleep!
I'm sorry, but these abusers offer nothing positive to society, not to mention, staining a child for life. Statistics show that a child molester has sexually molested between 25 to 75 children in their lifetimes.

I don't think many people realize, what a child who has been sexually molested goes thru for the rest of their days. You feel embarrassed, ashamed, guilty, responsible, and like you don't deserve very much.

By the time a child does come out with it, the damage has already been done, and in my case, my aunt called me a liar, and wouldn't allow her kids to play with me any more.

So, something has to be done, b/c think of all those priests who molested kids...and still do?????
This is a sickness that is running quietly through our society, that is ruining our children...taking away any sense of innocence, robbing a child of their trust, self respect and feeling safe.

Oh and Deminski, I am also in my 60's.
And yes, I'm certain, there are woman, girls who come forward and make this claim who haven't even been assaulted, and yes, it can ruin someone's life forever....and for that I am very sorry....
but what about those that have been molested and sexually harassed? Before you make comments, think for one moment, "what about all those children?" "What about your children?"

Thank you for allowing me to vent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2017, 07:26 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,192,098 times
Yes this happens A LOT with the very young but with both genders all over this country.

A news outlet mostly online (without naming it) talks about this every week.

Most of the media will not talk about this never mind to not condoning it because they are .

The "enemy" (opposite of GOD) is filtrating amongst the non-GODLY populous to take their souls.

Old 11-15-2017, 07:29 AM

280 posts, read 338,884 times
101.5 has gone completely downhill on all accounts, all hours of the day. I can't even listen to them anymore. Anybody have another good NJ talk station?

Old 11-15-2017, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
Yes this happens A LOT with the very young but with both genders all over this country.

A news outlet mostly online (without naming it) talks about this every week.

Most of the media will not talk about this never mind to not condoning it because they are .

The "enemy" (opposite of GOD) is filtrating amongst the non-GODLY populous to take their souls.
I tell you true, if someone would have ever touched my son, I'd have damned them to hell...

I've been trying to raise awareness about this for years...understandably so, and all I'd get were blank stares...even went into a Christian forum and tried to encourage them to discuss this within the churches, and no one replied....no one want's to hear it or talk about it, or even believe it.

Do you know I had a classmate that told me, one of our teachers in junior high, was taking the boys to bed with her? ?????

Boys think it's funny...amusing, and so forth...until it's their boy....or daughter.

Old 11-15-2017, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodelotus View Post
101.5 has gone completely downhill on all accounts, all hours of the day. I can't even listen to them anymore. Anybody have another good NJ talk station?
I'm surprised to see this, I thought I was the only one who thought so...I've listened to the Dennis and Judy show, and I mean to tell you, she is a really stupid person....and she acts so dumb???? Do these people only have a path to work and home?

Old 11-15-2017, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I tell you true, if someone would have ever touched my son, I'd have damned them to hell...

I've been trying to raise awareness about this for years...understandably so, and all I'd get were blank stares...even went into a Christian forum and tried to encourage them to discuss this within the churches, and no one replied....no one want's to hear it or talk about it, or even believe it.

Do you know I had a classmate that told me, one of our teachers in junior high, was taking the boys to bed with her? ?????

Boys think it's funny...amusing, and so forth...until it's their boy....or daughter.
I think that you're so right. You care because you're a wonderful decent human being.

The thing is I noticed that most (not all) that belong in a religion think within their own world not the real world and are closed off to anything that happens outside their church or and religion leader's philosophy(ies).

All you can do is keep on fighting the good fight and pray to GOD.

Old 11-15-2017, 07:43 AM

702 posts, read 539,862 times
101.5 is an insanely bad radio station. Don't listen to it. Ever. The D & D show sounds folksy and fun, but they're both sociopaths. Jim Gearhart was another grotesque host there, but just googling it looks like he's not there anymore.

Old 11-15-2017, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I'm surprised to see this, I thought I was the only one who thought so...I've listened to the Dennis and Judy show, and I mean to tell you, she is a really stupid person....and she acts so dumb???? Do these people only have a path to work and home?
Maybe the shows on that station will be better once Marijuana gets legalized.

It was worth listening the day after election day to hear callers views on the governor elect election.

Old 11-15-2017, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack2000 View Post
101.5 is an insanely bad radio station. Don't listen to it. Ever. The D & D show sounds folksy and fun, but they're both sociopaths. Jim Gearhart was another grotesque host there, but just googling it looks like he's not there anymore.
I don't want this to turn into a "lets bash 101.5 shows", however, I do agree with you. I just wonder how many others would have said that to a woman who was molested at 5 years old. Who thinks like that?

And who says something like that to someone who has been molested?

I believe our society for a long time now, is cut off from the rest of the world....b/c they don't really know what is going on out there?

Old 11-15-2017, 07:50 AM

280 posts, read 338,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack2000 View Post
Jim is out, but now Bill Spadea is in. At first he was fun and entertaining, "talking Jersey". Now it's turned completely into Republican Radio, it's all he talks about. Even when he's talking about something else he spins it somehow into a political argument. It's infuriating to listen to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey