Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2017, 09:01 AM

1 posts, read 562 times

Advertisements

I grew up in NJ and will be returning to the Piscataway RWJ campus for 2 years of medical training.
We currently live in Northern Virginia (Fairfax County) where my kindergarten is in private school but we planned on putting him in our neighborhood school for first grade since the schools are great here.

I need a good first grade elementary program in NJ so that when we return to Virginia in 2 years he will be ready to enter the AAP program which begins in 3rd grade.

Budget isn't important as we will be staying with family for the 2 years. Husband will be visiting back and forth from Virginia on the weekends. I also have a 3 year old and will be looking for a pre-school for him.

Should we aim for Princeton schools, Somerset charter schools or Rutgers Prep or other?
Things have changed quite a bit since I moved from NJ 10 years ago for medical school. I appreciate your suggestions!

Will you buy or rent? live with family
What is your budget? budget is not an issue, will have family support for 2 years
What kind of place are you looking for? n/a

Will anyone (spouse, children, pets) be moving with you? soon to be 4 and 6 year olds, spouse will visit and work remotely when able to
Do you need/want good public schools? I'm open to private and public

Briefly describe the kind of neighborhood you'd like to live in
(examples: families with young children, young, mature, artsy, diverse, safe, close-knit, block parties, etc)
This isn't a factor since I will be in an intense training program and living with family

List three things that are important to you in order of importance.(examples: nightlife, outdoor activities, rural/urban, safety, downtown area, charming, new construction, proximity to XYZ, family oriented, easy parking, short commute, etc) really just a good school system for my kids for 2 years so they will be ready to enter AAP in Virginia in 3rd grade

Thanks for your time!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey