Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 12:36 PM
EB2

1,925 posts, read 6,364,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
But give credit once in awhile when it's due. Due to over regulations, if it makes it safe for my kids, I'll take it anyday rather than a state that lets it's citizens due anything they want that contributes to the unsafety for others. I'll name one. No inspections on cars.
I'll agree with this...
granted, I don't have kids yet, one day (once I'm done with college and married), I hope to, and I want them to grow up where they feel safe...where *I* feel that they're safe. If I have to nearly break myself financially to provide the best that I can for my children, so be it....their/my safety won't be worth the lower cost of living in a less desirable area elsewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2008, 12:37 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,382,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
I was waiting for the dragon to rear his head

Do you have anything at all positive to say about NJ..just a wee bit
Anything positive to say about NJ.....hmmmmm.....lemme think........hmmmmm.......

OK, I've got one- it only cost me $1 to get out of the state when I crossed into PA on 78 for the last time.........lol.

Seriously- the nanny state comment wasn't a dig at NJ specifically- it was more of a sad statement on the state of our country and the idiots that some people have become. There's something fundamentally wrong when states feel they have to tell people when to buckle their kids in, when to make them where a helmet, etc.- what happened to people being smart enough to take care of these things without government intervention??

And then, to make it even more pathetic, a magazine like Parents has to write an article on all of this?? Like people are sitting there in their living rooms, trying to decide where to move, and they need Parents magazine to say "you should move to Connecticut- they've enacted more laws to protect you and your kids from your own stupidity than any other state in the US". And I'm sure there's probably some parent out there saying "gee, thanks for the info Parents- now I know where I should go".........dee dee dee........

Old 03-19-2008, 12:39 PM

13,404 posts, read 28,729,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
But give credit once in awhile when it's due. Due to over regulations, if it makes it safe for my kids, I'll take it anyday rather than a state that lets it's citizens due anything they want that contributes to the unsafety for others. I'll name one. No inspections on cars.
Agree Jersey Man

Yes and if you read the bench marks for their ranking it has a lot more then helmut laws
We have one of the lowest per capita residing sex offenders living here
We have lower death by auto due to drunk driving
Graduated teen driving instead of letting kids run wild at 16 in a car

But why waste my keystokes on some one who vehemently hates the state

Sure it's not for everyone.....thank goodness

Old 03-19-2008, 12:42 PM
EB2

1,925 posts, read 6,364,919 times
Quote:
Agree Jersey Man

Yes and if you read the bench marks for their ranking it has a lot more then helmut laws
We have one of the lowest per capita residing sex offenders living here
We have lower death by auto due to drunk driving
Graduated teen driving instead of letting kids run wild at 16 in a car

I've known a lot of people there to complain about NJ drivers. I LOVE NJ drivers...they're definitely better than the FL drivers. I LOVE the fact that I can actually cross the street without being nearly run over (AND the drivers actually wait until I'm completely across the street before they get going again...something I almost never see in FL )

Old 03-19-2008, 12:43 PM

13,404 posts, read 28,729,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
Anything positive to say about NJ.....hmmmmm.....lemme think........hmmmmm.......

OK, I've got one- it only cost me $1 to get out of the state when I crossed into PA on 78 for the last time.........lol.

Seriously- the nanny state comment wasn't a dig at NJ specifically- it was more of a sad statement on the state of our country and the idiots that some people have become. There's something fundamentally wrong when states feel they have to tell people when to buckle their kids in, when to make them where a helmet, etc.- what happened to people being smart enough to take care of these things without government intervention??

And then, to make it even more pathetic, a magazine like Parents has to write an article on all of this?? Like people are sitting there in their living rooms, trying to decide where to move, and they need Parents magazine to say "you should move to Connecticut- they've enacted more laws to protect you and your kids from your own stupidity than any other state in the US". And I'm sure there's probably some parent out there saying "gee, thanks for the info Parents- now I know where I should go".........dee dee dee........
Well unfortunately there are to many idiots out there today having kids not having a clue on how to take care of them
Wait summer is a coming...how many kids are going to be left in hot cars to die a not so pretty death this summer...should be a no brainer huh?

Old 03-19-2008, 12:43 PM

1,308 posts, read 4,620,543 times
Quote:
Agree Jersey Man

Makes one wonder why someone who obvioulsy doesnt like this state spends so much time in the forum?

Old 03-19-2008, 01:16 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,382,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marye711 View Post
Makes one wonder why someone who obvioulsy doesnt like this state spends so much time in the forum?
There's something that you don't understand, though- I don't dislike NJ, not do I "vehemently hate" it as my friend Kate has said- it just didn't make sense for me and my family as a viable place for us to live, based on what we were looking to get out of life. I still have many relatives there, and I feel I have alot of information that I can share with the people who come here looking for answers, and that's why I still come around here. I didn't realize that one had to be a blue-blooded, card-carrying Jerseyan to be able to post here.........

Old 03-19-2008, 01:16 PM

1,387 posts, read 4,017,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalim2008 View Post
NJ is richer than CT...last I saw, our median home (?) income was higher than any state.
I think it varies from year to year. CT and NJ switch back and forth between the # 1 & # 2 spots for highest household income.

Old 03-19-2008, 01:19 PM

1,308 posts, read 4,620,543 times
Okay Bob, thank you for explaining and I stand corrected!

Old 03-19-2008, 01:21 PM

1,972 posts, read 5,422,612 times
Quote:
in the top 10 safest palces for kids to live....

The 10 safest states for kids - Parenting & Family - MSNBC.com

Ok, let's celebrate for this....someone open the keg already LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey