Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2017, 12:57 AM

1 posts, read 469 times

Advertisements

I was fired on November 2, 2017 for violating company policy. They claimed to unemployment that I was fired for sexual harrassment and the company has zero tolerance for it. They claimed they asked me to cease communication with the other employee and I failed to do so. Here are the facts:
1. I was helping another employee with her college papers through email when her boyfriend found out he called the job and said i was sexually harrassing her. October 11,2017
2. Same day the district manager and the operations manager both contacted me and said do not have any contact with the girl anymore. We are not to work together on the same shift for any reason.
3. October 23,2017 we had a corporate inspection and the district manager was there and asked me to stay working during the inspection. Mind you the girl is working. We are not communicating during the shift but are working in close proximity of one another. No one says anything then or about this.
4. October 27,2017 the morning shift was short handed so the store manager asked me to stay working while this girl is working and said the district manager approved it. The store manager put both the girl and i working together where we had no choice but to talk and it was only work related. No one says anything then or about this.
5. October 31,2017 the district manager asked if i can stay and help out with the morning rush. extremely annoied because it was busy and asking me why I didnt finish something overnight. Mind you my shift ended at 11pm it is now 7am. I answered because I was running around getting supplies for you guys on my time not getting paid to do it. Just like now this is my time I am not getting paid to help you guys out. The district manager says I dont care get it done. I simply left the building. I came back at 1:45 because my shift starts at 2:00pm and the girl says to me "My boyfriend is coming to pick me up please dont go outside" I simply replied "Thank you for warning me out of respect for you and because i dont want any problems I wont go outside"
6. November 2,2017 the operations manager calls me at 5:57am and asks me to meet her because we had to talk. I said to her if you are firing me I rather not waste my gas to drive an hour away to get fired just do it over the phone. She said no you arent getting fired stop worrying so I go and the first words out of her mouth are " We have zero tolerance for this" "You are not permitted to step foot in the building. You are banned from the property. You can not have any communication with any employee that is working there. "You need to be talking to a doctor not to me you need help you have an ocd problem and you are always worried that something bad is going to happen. You looked stressed. You are losing too much weight."
After hearing enough of her I asked "Do I still have a job?" She said No so I said ok then we are done and got up and walked away to her screaming we need to talk.
7. Zero Tolerance means I should have been fired right then and there not 3 weeks later.
What should I do? Do I have a lawsuit against the company? I have spoken to and met up with the girl since then and she showed me that the manager had text her on November 1 and asked her about me and she said that she prefers to work with me because I actually work not she doesnt want to work with me or anything negative about me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2017, 02:24 AM

2,539 posts, read 2,313,324 times
Sounds like this boyfriend has major issues.

And yes file an unemployment claim.

And also contact an attorney. Many will look into this case at no charge unless they win it for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey