Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2018, 08:57 AM

4 posts, read 5,696 times

Advertisements

Where are you coming from?
Berkeley Heights / Scotch Plains NJ
Why are you moving?
New Job
Where will you be working ? If NYC, what part of NYC?
1000 Lenox Drive, Lawrenceville, NJ
Will you buy or rent?
Rent
What is your budget ?
Less than 1,200, preferably less than 1,000
What kind of place are you looking for ?
1 bedroom apartment
Will anyone (spouse, children, pets) be moving with you ?
No
Do you need/want good public schools?
No
Briefly describe the kind of neighborhood you'd like to live in
(examples: families with young children, young, mature, artsy, diverse, safe, close-knit, block parties, etc)
I think the concept of living in a metropolitan area is nice, but I don't know how Trenton is coming along in terms of safety. I was looking at an apartment that looked nice on the inside, but the street was deserted in the middle of the day (212 East Hanover St). I would prefer to live somewhere with a younger demographic and a thriving street life. I don't think I'll find that in Trenton, but maybe a suburb.
List three things that are important to you in order of importance.(examples: nightlife, outdoor activities, rural/urban, safety, downtown area, charming, new construction, proximity to XYZ, family oriented, easy parking, short commute, etc)
Offstreet parking, laundry in building, safety

I am a 26 year old male. Lifelong resident of NJ spent exclusively in a car dependent area. Walkability is a nice thing to have, but not necessary. I'm looking to limit my commute time to 10-20 minutes. I previously was commuting 30 minutes to 1 hour to work which I do not want to continue. The best apartment I found was in 865 Lower Ferry Rd, Ewing, NJ 08628 for 975 a month all utilities included.https://www.apartments.com/woodbrook...ng-nj/x1nxcxm/ I don't like that there is really nothing to walk to nearby, although there are sidewalks. If I could walk somewhere, I don't even know where I'd walk to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2018, 12:16 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,025,469 times
That Apt House on Lower Ferry Rd is pretty safe, I remember one murder there many years ago (a parking dispute). There really is nothing around there to walk to.
You might be better off raising your rental budget a bit and look a little closer to Lawrenceville. Westgate Apt on Lawrenceville Rd will get you a little closer to things to do, shopping, pharmacies, mall, your job etc. You will be competing for rental units with Rider Un. students though.

Old 01-07-2018, 07:13 PM

I'm trying to reduce my expenditures on housing as much as possible without sacrificing distance to work, offstreet parking, laundry in building, and safety. I found an apartment for $900 on Pennington Road in Ewing, but I was told by a friend in real estate to even look for rooms to rent to further reduce my expenses. I'm not going to do that though. I'd rather pay more for my own space that I can do what I want with.

Also, what about 427 Martin Luther King Blvd Trenton, N.J. 08618?

Last edited by M4C4R0; 01-07-2018 at 07:15 PM.. Reason: adding new info

Old 01-07-2018, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4C4R0 View Post
I'm trying to reduce my expenditures on housing as much as possible without sacrificing distance to work, offstreet parking.

Also, what about 427 Martin Luther King Blvd Trenton, N.J. 08618?
https://www.redfin.com/NJ/Trenton/42.../home/36699732

It is probably very affordable, but visit the neighbourhood before you sign up!

Old 01-09-2018, 06:09 AM

6 posts, read 5,773 times
You could try Highgate in Ewing. They have Studios for 950.00. It is a really nice complex near the intersection of Olden and Parkway. My mother just rented a 2 BR there and was very impressed. There is a little to walk to around it and the High school is right next to it so it may be nice on weekend if there are sporting events to watch.

Old 01-12-2018, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyj View Post
https://www.redfin.com/NJ/Trenton/42.../home/36699732

It is probably very affordable, but visit the neighbourhood before you sign up!
I've basically given up on locations in Trenton and am looking to the suburbs for rentals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmgh View Post
You could try Highgate in Ewing. They have Studios for 950.00. It is a really nice complex near the intersection of Olden and Parkway. My mother just rented a 2 BR there and was very impressed. There is a little to walk to around it and the High school is right next to it so it may be nice on weekend if there are sporting events to watch.
No studios right now, and a one bedroom is going for $1095.

Just went down to look at a studio in Lalor Gardens, 38 A Stenton Court, Hamilton Township, NJ 08610. $875 for 500 sqft. Thoughts?

Old 01-12-2018, 03:25 PM

That location should be fine. Just use common sense precautions, lock car, apartment doors etc.
It is pretty much a car dependent area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey