Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2018, 08:07 PM

53 posts, read 37,283 times

Advertisements

Hi guys,

As many of you, I am looking forward for the weekend to relax ,disconnect from work, routine and the city. I am looking for a location where I could do some hiking up to the mountains, and then go back to a town for a nice dinner and a walk in a main street location, meaning I am not intending to go for camping.

the idea is to drive no more than 2 hours from home (Montclair NJ) to either PA,NY or NJ. and stay in a great hotel or spa. I heard about Poconos, the Catskills and Delaware Gap, and those places look amazing but I don't know about specific towns on these locations.

I would appreciate your input, I want a place to go in a regular basis, it would be nice if is a town where you could hang out at night. I am still relatively new to the NY metro area and want to explore more around. I will give some feedback once I find the right place

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2018, 08:47 PM

7,221 posts, read 11,934,667 times
I highly recommend The Settlers Inn in Hawley, PA. It's about and hour and 45 minutes from Montclair. The rooms are beautiful and the food is excellent.

https://thesettlersinn.com

Old 01-06-2018, 05:45 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,661,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coralspringean View Post
Hi guys,

As many of you, I am looking forward for the weekend to relax ,disconnect from work, routine and the city. I am looking for a location where I could do some hiking up to the mountains, and then go back to a town for a nice dinner and a walk in a main street location, meaning I am not intending to go for camping.

the idea is to drive no more than 2 hours from home (Montclair NJ) to either PA,NY or NJ. and stay in a great hotel or spa. I heard about Poconos, the Catskills and Delaware Gap, and those places look amazing but I don't know about specific towns on these locations.

I would appreciate your input, I want a place to go in a regular basis, it would be nice if is a town where you could hang out at night. I am still relatively new to the NY metro area and want to explore more around. I will give some feedback once I find the right place

thanks
Woodstock ,NY (yes that one) right up the Garden state to the NYS thrueway(287 N) or drive one hour more to the Birkshires of Mass into Lenox ,Stockbridge or Lee. From Montclair it should just three hours (maybe less)

https://www.redlioninn.com/?gclid=EA...0106124659%3As

Hotels in Lenox, MA | Cranwell Spa & Golf Resort | Berkshires

Old 01-06-2018, 06:13 AM

3,176 posts, read 6,216,270 times
New Hope/Lambertsville, bridge connects the two, the borer of NJ and PA is in the middle of the river. Adorable, picturesque towns with great shopping and dining. Tow paths are cool. Lots to do in the area.

Old 01-06-2018, 07:01 AM

589 posts, read 1,347,689 times
Jim Thorpe, PA. Lots to do in that general area, quaint Main Street, and several spots for night life. I've driven and walked through, but stay either with friends or in other areas, so I don't know anything about the hotels there.

Old 01-06-2018, 06:44 PM

6 posts, read 5,960 times
I moved to the Catskills from Bloomfield! Anyway, Fleischmanns is a tiny town with a great inn called River Run Bed & Breakfast. Not much in the town, but great hiking nearby (although this time of year it's snowy, but there are great snowshoe trails that are free at Belleayre Mountain and you can rent showshoes at Jimmy's Belleayre Ski Shop). An amazing nearby restaurant is the Peekamoose (award winning farm to table with an amazing atmosphere). All about 2 hrs 15 min from Montclair!

Old 01-07-2018, 10:14 AM

2,509 posts, read 2,496,877 times
I don't know about the walk into town part.

But some nice resorts are Mohonk (NYS) and Woodloch (PA). Skytop Lodge is nice too

Milford PA is a cute town and I think there are some small boutique hotels there

Old 01-07-2018, 01:54 PM

32,932 posts, read 36,351,383 times
It's hard to beat Lambertville and New Hope for a nice Main Street experience. There are a few places to walk and hike.

Washington Crossing Historic Park

https://www.mercercountyparks.org/#!...pate-mountain/

https://bhwp.org/

https://www.theoutbound.com/pennsylv...tate-park-loop

Old 01-07-2018, 02:46 PM

32,932 posts, read 36,351,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookspage View Post
I don't know about the walk into town part.

But some nice resorts are Mohonk (NYS) and Woodloch (PA). Skytop Lodge is nice too

Milford PA is a cute town and I think there are some small boutique hotels there
Milford's the only place near The Delaware Water Gap that would work.

I also think staying at one of lodges would be a nice weekend.

Old 01-07-2018, 04:55 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,661,093 times
Could always drive up to Bear Mountain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey