Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2018, 07:49 PM

13 posts, read 33,919 times

Advertisements

Hello,

We (spouse , baby and I) are planning on relocating to north jersey this month, trying to move closer to work. We saw a rental property in Dover around mount hope avenue just a mile away from Rockaway mall. The area looked fine and the current tenants living there also had no complaints and the rent was cheap compared to Randolph, Parsippany etc.

I've gone through many forums about Dover on here and didn't really read much positive things about the town and that got me thinking whether I should move to this place or not.

I work in Parsippany and I wish to move closer to work but the rents in Parsippany are high when you compare it to the amenities included for that much money.

Appreciate your feedback.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2018, 07:55 PM

5,773 posts, read 16,596,404 times
We, family wife and kids lived in a diff section of Rockaway Twsp decades ago very close to there. That area is fine as far as i know.
Im not any expert on schools as far as one town vs other if that is a factor.

Old 01-07-2018, 08:38 PM

13 posts, read 33,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captne76 View Post
We, family wife and kids lived in a diff section of Rockaway Twsp decades ago very close to there. That area is fine as far as i know.
Im not any expert on schools as far as one town vs other if that is a factor.
Thanks for the quick response. Good to know it was good back then.

Old 01-11-2018, 03:55 AM

862 posts, read 977,287 times
Dover is mostly a place for recent immigrant's from Central America, Denville or Rockaway is better choice.

Old 01-11-2018, 07:53 AM

12,101 posts, read 17,102,386 times
That's how you can save $ on a house. Move into perfectly reasonable places that others wont because they won't live in predominantly minority areas (not even sure that area right by the mall is).

I just looked it up, there's some good prices on Mt Hope Avenue.

A little too much in the boonies for me, but a good deal.

Old 01-12-2018, 05:38 PM

15,072 posts, read 10,113,138 times
Yes.. Dover is considered less desirable than places like Denville and Rockaway. It is a predominantly immigrants from Central America which is the reason rent is cheaper. With that said, I love the place... the downtown is very walkable with lots of places to eat (Columbian, Spanish, etc). Dover trains also mean that NYC is accessible. Rockaway Mall is very close by.

There are nicer parts of Dover as well.. further away from Dover downtown. There are condos across the street from Rockaway mall that I have friends who lived at in years past. They had good things to say.

Last edited by usayit; 01-12-2018 at 05:51 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: