Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2018, 03:51 PM

88,580 posts, read 84,795,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
That’s why the first thing I do when I buy a bike is upgrade the exhaust. Your annoyance is a small price to pay for my life.
I agree! That was the point of what I said.

I'd rather wince for half a minute than kill somebody.

And it's temporary. Seems like most just ride a lot when the weather first turns nice and then you hear fewer of them as time goes on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2018, 03:58 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I agree! That was the point of what I said.

I'd rather wince for half a minute than kill somebody.

And it's temporary. Seems like most just ride a lot when the weather first turns nice and then you hear fewer of them as time goes on.
Truth is, now I leave my bikes out at my beach house. I dont even ride around here anymore. Too many soccer moms on their phones.

Old 01-16-2018, 04:21 PM

857 posts, read 834,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
I've actually been ticketed for pulling into the intersection while making a left turn, and having the light change to yellow while I'm still in the intersection. Apparently you're supposed to stay behind the intersection until it's clear. Ha. It would take me half an hour to get my kids two miles to school if I waited for a clear intersection. At least let one car get through after the light turns yellow!
“Apparently” ? That’s the law anyone with a drivers license should know this.

Old 01-16-2018, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Again, this morning another car made jump in front disregarding my right of way. If I had not hit the brakes I would've crashed into this lady. I think it has to do with the type of car I'm driving. If I was in a SUV, less likely someone jumps out and turns left in front of me. In a sedan, I'm getting disrespected by other cars.
Try wearing a tie.

Old 01-16-2018, 04:44 PM

5,772 posts, read 16,588,795 times
Quote:
I've actually been ticketed for pulling into the intersection while making a left turn, and having the light change to yellow while I'm still in the intersection. Apparently you're supposed to stay behind the intersection until it's clear. Ha. It would take me half an hour to get my kids two miles to school if I waited for a clear intersection. At least let one car get through after the light turns yellow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal1 View Post
I totally agree with pulling into the intersection right to the spot as deep as you can where you can just make a left and the opposing traffic can do the same. Too much traffic not to do that. Once the light starts to turn red, I make the left. Sometimes there are those who continue to run the light after it turns red, but I haven't had any problems,,, so far.

Old 01-16-2018, 04:45 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
You ain’t seen nothing until you ride a motorcycle. Happens constantly. It’s like you are invisible to cars coming head on from the other direction.
Yes, I've biked in NJ and it was more dangerous than being a pedestrian they simply disrespect bikers.

Old 01-16-2018, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captne76 View Post
Quote:

I totally agree with pulling into the intersection right to the spot as deep as you can where you can just make a left and the opposing traffic can do the same. Too much traffic not to do that. Once the light starts to turn red, I make the left. Sometimes there are those who continue to run the light after it turns red, but I haven't had any problems,,, so far.
You can do as you see fit but agree or disagree don’t be surprised if you get a ticket.

Old 01-16-2018, 06:22 PM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal1 View Post
Try wearing a tie.
I think that might work. Perhaps a religious figure on the dashboard.

Old 01-16-2018, 08:08 PM

I don’t care if it rains or freezes long as I got my plastic Jesus.

Old 01-16-2018, 08:09 PM

I can go 90 mph as long as I got the almighty power sitten on the dashboard of my car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey