Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2018, 09:23 AM

99 posts, read 82,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbf2006 View Post
Ok, this is guilty conscience talking lol. We tell our 4 year old son to stop running, jumping, stomping all the time! We put him in time out, etc. He still does these things. I mean, we can't chain him down so he still does it. And we keep telling him to stop it. To say parents aren't doing that anymore is just odd. Thankfully we're moving out of NJ and buying a house in a few months.

And to the OP who said people living in apartments shouldn't have kids, ok then
Don't take it personally; if you read, it was really about how I personally wouldn't because as you said, they run around a lot and need to. As you said, you can't chain him down. Because of the conflicts this causes w/ many neighbors, I'd rather not raise a kid in an apt, hence I don't have them. If you control yours and have no issues w/ your neighbors, great. But you've pretty much won the lottery if you've never experienced all day toddler stomping. I did in previous apts, and guess what, I moved each and every time. Largely cause that's a kid and they can't control themselves past a certain extent.

So if you choose to take it personally, that's up to you but I'm stating for the record that's not how it was stated, nor how it was meant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2018, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookspage View Post
Yeah, that dog had issues. Most dogs will calm down after a bit. Severe separation anxiety. Very sad (and annoying since I was home all day)

From that experience, I've learned that kid noise has all of the protections you could ever imagine. You can't tell a kid not to do anything. I remember growing up in an apartment when I was young and learning from a young age "No running in the house!" Parents don't do that anymore apparently

Good luck, I hope you find somewhere quieter soon
Thank you- and you're so right; it's up to the parents! And mgmt won't go after parents about their kids, so you're just stuck until you move. I was told the same as you when I was a child, especially once the downstairs neighbor complained. It was our fault according to my dad, and me and my brother had to do quiet activities once the guy got home from work.

Thank you for agreeing MOST parents don't seem to do that anymore. One poster apparently took what I said to mean that people in apts shouldn't have kids. How do you get that out of what I said? Sad how I can't even express an opinion, like I would not do this or that, and ppl reflect it back on themselves as a personal judgment. No wonder everyone's so PC nowadays.

Old 01-30-2018, 09:45 AM

256 posts, read 398,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellokwhite View Post
Hi, I'm the OP- and I'm a she. Don't worry, I know it's impossible to tell based on what I posted. That's another thing tho- he thinks he's a charmer who can either sweet talk or shove/ bully women around. I'm just too crusty and assertive for him

I wish he would understand what I was feeling, but he'd just crank his bass up louder. I assure you; that's the type he is. I do crank my TV up really loud now, and let my next door guy know if it's ever too loud, tell me. My loud TV isn't' always pleasant and it doesn't cancel out his douche bag "I need to feel important b/c I'm a fat, ugly pig" bass, but at least I get to hear something that's louder than his bass.

The day I move out, I plan on leaving my really, really old laptop here (was gonna get rid of it anyway) and put on a loop of old country- Conway Twitty, The Judds, Loretta Lynn. It's going to be put on the thinnest layer of flooring (kitchen), and with the speakers on the bottom of the laptop (retarded design except in this case), he should get a real nice dose of wailing Southern redneck goodness until the laptop runs out of batteries.
Haha...nice.

Old 01-30-2018, 10:22 AM

348 posts, read 460,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellokwhite View Post
Thank you- and you're so right; it's up to the parents! And mgmt won't go after parents about their kids, so you're just stuck until you move. I was told the same as you when I was a child, especially once the downstairs neighbor complained. It was our fault according to my dad, and me and my brother had to do quiet activities once the guy got home from work.

Thank you for agreeing MOST parents don't seem to do that anymore. One poster apparently took what I said to mean that people in apts shouldn't have kids. How do you get that out of what I said? Sad how I can't even express an opinion, like I would not do this or that, and ppl reflect it back on themselves as a personal judgment. No wonder everyone's so PC nowadays.
It's simple inference from your post about not having kids in an apartment. Yes, I know you put in there that you personally would not. Also I don't take it as a personal judgment lol (how could it be, we don't know each other), that's why I clearly wrote guilty conscience speaking in my post with a lol to make it light and not so serious. I just know we're always telling my son to stop running and all that, that's why I responded.

People are always making comments about how parents these days are not doing what parents in those days did and so on. I just wanted to point out how untrue that was. That is all.

Old 01-30-2018, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbf2006 View Post
It's simple inference from your post about not having kids in an apartment. Yes, I know you put in there that you personally would not. Also I don't take it as a personal judgment lol (how could it be, we don't know each other), that's why I clearly wrote guilty conscience speaking in my post with a lol to make it light and not so serious. I just know we're always telling my son to stop running and all that, that's why I responded.

People are always making comments about how parents these days are not doing what parents in those days did and so on. I just wanted to point out how untrue that was. That is all.
Thank you for explaining and being civil. I felt like based on what you said, that you were inferring I was against kids in apts altogether. Frankly, you must understand, most ppl these days have zero control of their kids. Ones like you are rare, and if you are genuinely trying, I'd appreciate that as a neighbor. But people make comments about parents not doing their part because it is sadly true that most these days don't.

I also find a lot of kids are this way b/c the parents are horrible ppl. I have one in the other bldg who literally walks way ahead of the kid, goes into the laundry, meanwhile the toddler can't catch up. When she's out there screaming, he runs out and yells at her. I know that one screams and bangs all the time (I can hear her at times and I'm in ANOTHER bldg), and that noise issue is the parents fault. So either way, the poor kids are screwed in many of these families. I'm glad you do your part. But I assure you, you're rare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: