Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2018, 08:07 PM

989 posts, read 1,876,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdacunha View Post
Ignorance.
You're delusional.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2018, 07:55 AM

4 posts, read 4,030 times
I moved to Newark nine years ago when I was told not to go. I came from Brooklyn and I live in North Newark and have not had a problem. I have tenants who are African American, German, Irish and Italian. The neighborhood is predominantly Spanish. The South side of Newark is also building up but over there still needs work. Everywhere you go there is one part of the neighborhood which may be more undesirable than another. Newark is predominately black and has beautiful historic areas. The only way to truly understand Newark is to live here. I'm glad I came and it's a hop,skip and a jump from BROOKLYN,MANHATTAN!!!!

Old 02-05-2018, 09:25 AM

32 posts, read 36,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qrysdonnell View Post
The extension into Newark Airport would just be following the existing rail lines that run down past the airport into Elizabeth, so it seems like any further PATH extension would likely follow that route.
Most likely. The south ward needs a path, hopefully it will add new businesses & economic growth to this part of Newark because that area is in desperate need of refurbishment. They're also adding a parking garage for commuters who also drive.

Old 02-05-2018, 11:23 AM

625 posts, read 797,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by izannimda View Post
You're delusional.
How am I delusional? I've lived in Newark 32 years, never have been a victim of a crime. Does Newark have it's awful sections, of course, but let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater. Chicago is a ghetto murder capital but, there are $1m apartments is downtown.

I've experienced all Newark offers.

Old 07-14-2018, 04:08 PM

1 posts, read 815 times
Smile I lived in East Orange a long, long, long time ago--

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessi_Milano_ View Post
I think that a person would definitely have to have a certain tolerance level for certain things and personality to live in these places. They're not ideal for everybody. Some think these are semi-decent / decent places in Essex and some think the complete opposite.
I lived in a well-kept apartment building owned by someone called Trump. At the time, I didn't know anything about this Trump family, having arrived here as a newly minted teacher from the south. I taught at the school just north of the apartment building, on Prospect St.

At the time, this was pretty quiet. I walked everywhere, including back and forth to downtown East Orange.

I often took the express bus into NYC, arriving home lagte a night, with no worries.

I know much is different now, but I thought I would share.

Worst part of my time there? Trump sued me for vacating early (by one month). The dollars he listed were ridiculously large. I responded to the suit and went to court on the appointed day. He didn't show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey