Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2018, 08:24 PM

2 posts, read 754 times

Advertisements

I have a question about unemployment and hope to get advice on what to expect. I was terminated on Dec 21 after working for a company 24 yrs. I did violate a new attendance policy the company had. I filed a claim for NJ unemployment and the payments were delayed pending a phone interview. On Jan 14, 2018 i had the phone interview and was completely honest with all the questions. My answers made my previous employer look great. I did not dispute anything my employer said about me. A week later i was notified that i was found to be eligible for payments as no simple misconduct was found. The next day i got a lump sum payment and every week since Jan 21, i have been getting payments. Today Feb 13,2018 I was notified my previous employer is fighting this for reason of misconduct ???? I have a phone interview scheduled for Mar 1 with the NJ appeal tribunal. I am baffled by this. Didn't my employer review my answers and see that unemployment still went in my favor ? Why are they continue to fight ? What can I expect the outcome to be ? Should i mail the unemployment decision on my case to this appeal tribunal. How often are these cases changed in favor of the employer ? Thanks in advance for any answers you can provide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey