Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 09:11 AM

5,439 posts, read 16,858,634 times

Advertisements

Other driver's in their car not wearing their seatbelt can affect YOU in your car, pedestrians, property, etc.

I am not sure how I feel about the smoking ban.I think that at the very least, new bars and restaurants should be able to declare themselves SMOKING. This should be declared at the door when you go in for customers. Don't like it, don't go there. All potential employees can chose whether or not they want to work there. I do not smoke,never have, but smoking and bars go together!!!!!! For existing bars this could be tricky that is why I say for new bars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2008, 09:14 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,976,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07860 View Post
Cell phones while driving, not wearing seat belts, no smoking in bars or in your car, our civil liberties slowly but surely are dwindling down and it seems no one cares, only after they take our rights to breathe would anyone do anything.
Here's what I don't get. There are folks out there like the unfortunate late young man in the above story from Snopes who literally dedicate their lives to crusading against the precious and sacred right to fly through a windshield as a result of a minor fender bender, yet I bet these same people think the Patriot Act is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Old 03-26-2008, 09:28 AM

5,818 posts, read 12,623,259 times
Our state legislature has nothing to do but pass laws that take away YOUR personal freedom. Don't blame the cops they didn't make this law. Lets see they just passed a law about selling fake cigarettes, cell phones, seat belts. Oh wait I have to take a dump, I better call Trenton to see if I can wipe my a$$ with the colored toilet paper(I heard it can cause discomfort and butt cancer). We have a serious budget crisis year after year and they sit around wondering if children will buy fake cigarettes. Go figure, no wonder people are fleeing the state.

Old 03-26-2008, 10:12 AM

2,736 posts, read 9,668,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe moving View Post
Other driver's in their car not wearing their seatbelt can affect YOU in your car, pedestrians, property, etc.
What, by flying through the window? Unlikely.

With all the extrications I've been involved in, very few have actually made it out of the car - and it was all very high speed highway action. The cause of damage to persons and property is the effect of the car, not the idiot not wearing their belt.

Quote:
I am not sure how I feel about the smoking ban.I think that at the very least, new bars and restaurants should be able to declare themselves SMOKING. This should be declared at the door when you go in for customers. Don't like it, don't go there. All potential employees can chose whether or not they want to work there. I do not smoke,never have, but smoking and bars go together!!!!!! For existing bars this could be tricky that is why I say for new bars.
See, I would have just opened up a non-smoking bar, and cashed in on all the non-smokers who want to go out! But then again, I like capitalism, and I like personal freedoms.

Old 03-26-2008, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
Our state legislature has nothing to do but pass laws that take away YOUR personal freedom. Don't blame the cops they didn't make this law.
I never blame cops for enforcing laws, I only blame them when they act like a-holes

Old 03-26-2008, 10:39 AM

Wearing the seatbelt increases the driver's control over the vehicle.

Old 03-26-2008, 12:14 PM

2,689 posts, read 3,964,615 times
Quote:
please elaborate, how so?

Old 03-26-2008, 12:15 PM

Quote:
No it doesn't. Paying attention increases the driver's control over the vehicle.

Old 03-26-2008, 12:24 PM

By keeping you behind the wheel it keeps in a position to steer, stop, etc.

Old 03-26-2008, 12:27 PM

Quote:
By keeping you behind the wheel it keeps in a position to steer, stop, etc.
No. It doesn't have any such effect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey