Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 04:31 PM

10 posts, read 44,517 times

Advertisements

What about Clifton? There is a place there that looks really nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2008, 04:38 PM
ira

657 posts, read 3,920,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Star View Post
BTW, Ridgewood apartments seem to be the same price of the place I would rent in Westwood.
If price is equal, then which place is best?
If price is equal, definitely go with Ridgewood.

Old 03-28-2008, 02:28 PM

714 posts, read 713,958 times
I agree with Ira; if price is the same in Ridgewood as Westwood, Ridgewood is preferable.

Old 05-12-2008, 03:04 PM

123 posts, read 566,459 times
You guys say Ridgewood hands down...just curious why is that? I think Westwood is a great town and less congested than Ridgewood unless a train is coming through.

Old 05-12-2008, 04:30 PM
ira

657 posts, read 3,920,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collegeguy12 View Post
You guys say Ridgewood hands down...just curious why is that? I think Westwood is a great town and less congested than Ridgewood unless a train is coming through.
Because based on what the OP is looking for [[I am 27 years young, looking to move to an area which is a close/easy drive to Woodcliff Lake, but also in walking distance to bars and restaurants, a nice gym close by, and maybe a train to take me to Hoboken/NYC]], Ridgewood seems to be a better fit. It has a lot more to offer to a 27 yo in terms of entertainment, etc. If you live near downtown, you don't even need a car. You can walk to the gym, supermarket, restaurants, etc.

Old 05-12-2008, 07:04 PM

110 posts, read 547,228 times
Both are great towns. The only thing I will say about Westwood is the train does not operate as much as Ridgewood. Ridgewood is probably a little pricier. But both are excellent towns, I'm sure you will enjoy.

Old 06-09-2008, 01:57 PM

220 posts, read 621,604 times
Hummm, this is tough. BOTH have walkable restuarants & bars (if you live close to the towns) both have access to NYC via train both are a bit pricey but to get it ALL...I think it will come down to the apt. you fall in love with. Ridgewood has a very "happening" downtown life (I spent 20 years in Ramsey 2 towns over) but then again so does Westwood. I THINK you may find everything you want in Ridgewood if you can find the apt. Both offer great extra curricular activities but me personally...I think ridgewood has the leg up...tell us what you decide!!!

Old 06-09-2008, 04:59 PM

21 posts, read 76,739 times
Ridgewood is one of the NJ cities with the highest number of restaurants per capita. Westwood also has some nice restaurants, but not the same #. Both towns have a movie theater and Starbucks, train stations, supermarkets. I believe that Ridgewood is quite expensive though. I'd rather save a few dollars each month towards my retirement and savings, so I'd probably move to Westwood. I don't know of any health clubs in either town though.

Old 06-09-2008, 05:09 PM

21 posts, read 76,739 times
As far as a comparison to Clifton, both Ridgewood and Westwood offer more of a high class down town area with regards to shops and restaurants. Plus, it's a good deal closer to Woodcliff Lake. Ridgewood is the most exclusive area out of the 3 for sure. Clifton tends to be a bit on the blue collar side and you won't find the same gorgeous homes, tree lined streets and mansions that are in parts of Ridgewood. Ridgewood is more quaint and upscale in my view. However, I'm not in favor of paying large rents and at your age would try to save for a downpayment (sorry to sound so conservative, but in today's economy, it pays to be a bit frugal).

Old 06-10-2008, 04:11 PM

10 posts, read 44,517 times
Thanks for all the great advice!!!!

I am staying in Ridgewood next week to see as many places as possible. Do I need a realator? Some of the places I drove by do not have any phone # or advertizing.
For example, I like 20 Garber Sq. but I cannot find anything on it online, or even when I was walking around downtown.
Any ideas?

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey