Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2008, 08:24 PM

2 posts, read 9,171 times

Advertisements

We'll be attending a trade show at the Raritan Center in a couple of months. One of our main goals is to spend a few days in Manhattan once the show is over. I am debating whether to stay in NJ for the two days of the show and then move to a hotel in Manhattan for the remainder of my trip or stay in NJ and commute from NJ to Manhattan each day once the trade show is over. I know hotel rooms in NJ are usually much less than in Manhattan and lodging expense concerns me.

One of my concerns is how long a commute we'll be looking at if we leave NJ by train @10:30 each morning and return @9 each night and we also wonder about the cost of each roundtrip. The hotel clerk told me the Metuchen train station is a few blocks from the hotel but I haven't had much luck online trying to obtain the answers I need. Would the station in NY be Penn Station? Are we to take an Amtrak train?

Is there also a train from Newark airport to Metuchen and viceversa?

Thanks for any input you can provide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2008, 09:07 PM

2,736 posts, read 9,668,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolatelady View Post
Would the station in NY be Penn Station?
Yep

Quote:
Are we to take an Amtrak train?
Nope, NJTransit.

Quote:
Is there also a train from Newark airport to Metuchen and viceversa?
The very same line from Metuchen goes to Newark Airport.

Check NJTransit.com, go to Schedules & Fares, then Printed Time Tables, and Northeast Corridor Line

Old 03-26-2008, 09:30 PM

316 posts, read 1,248,853 times
I live in the area of Metuchen what is the name of the hotel?
I don't know what hotel is close to Metuchen train station.
Raritan Center is in Edison there is a hotel there.
If you are going to be staying in NJ and going to NYC then stay In The Woodbridge Hilton that is in walking dist. to metro park station. If you call them ask I think they have a shutle for the airport too not sure so call.

Last edited by judithexit; 03-26-2008 at 09:33 PM.. Reason: oops
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey