Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2018, 02:29 PM

8 posts, read 4,326 times

Advertisements

Will be moving to Howell in a few months and looking at the catholic school in the area. My kids attend catholic school now in NY and really like the small close knit community as well as the obvious religious teachings. Does anyone have children at St. Veronicas? Any special programs such as STEM, technology and music offered?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2018, 08:46 AM

2,509 posts, read 2,497,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivaDivina View Post
Will be moving to Howell in a few months and looking at the catholic school in the area. My kids attend catholic school now in NY and really like the small close knit community as well as the obvious religious teachings. Does anyone have children at St. Veronicas? Any special programs such as STEM, technology and music offered?
I don't know anything about this particular school but I have basic Catholic school tips for NJ. Ask about the enrollment, a list of how many kids are in each grade. Each grade's number is important because sometimes because overall enrollment includes preschool. Small classes sound great but don't bode well for the future financial health of the school. You also don't want to see that the older grades have 20 kids but then it shrinks down to 10 in the younger grades. I like to see a solid 20 kids in each grade personally.

Old 05-28-2018, 01:18 PM

8 posts, read 4,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookspage View Post
I don't know anything about this particular school but I have basic Catholic school tips for NJ. Ask about the enrollment, a list of how many kids are in each grade. Each grade's number is important because sometimes because overall enrollment includes preschool. Small classes sound great but don't bode well for the future financial health of the school. You also don't want to see that the older grades have 20 kids but then it shrinks down to 10 in the younger grades. I like to see a solid 20 kids in each grade personally.
Thank you! Funding is definitely a concern. So many catholic schools in NYC closed due to lack of funding and I wouldn't want to have the kids start at a school where it could close due to enrollment. Their current catholic school is very strong academically and lots of extras like music and new STEM lab which is stunning and want to find a place that really is embracing STEM.

Old 05-28-2018, 01:49 PM

2,509 posts, read 2,497,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivaDivina View Post
Thank you! Funding is definitely a concern. So many catholic schools in NYC closed due to lack of funding and I wouldn't want to have the kids start at a school where it could close due to enrollment. Their current catholic school is very strong academically and lots of extras like music and new STEM lab which is stunning and want to find a place that really is embracing STEM.
I know, unfortunately funding is a concern now and you would hate to have to start the kids over because of it. Hopefully someone familiar with the school will know more about the STEM program, but I'm sure it's fine. Music has been weak at the three Catholic schools we have attended but my kids take piano lessons so it's fine.

Good luck with your move!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey