Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2018, 06:05 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,661,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
and like I said, the officer did leave her go, adn started to walk away...but, the little woman, gave him a big big mouth, and that's when he came back and started to arrest her.

doesn't really matter what any of us think b/c the mayor has the last say...so..
LOL, in many of these seaside towns especially in NJ, they have town Councils and councilmen or women and they decide the Mayor usually breaks a tie. Wildewood actually has a beach commissioner and he decides.

........... polocies for the beach are made for the "safety of everyone" not to annoy the few.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2018, 07:22 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
LOL, in many of these seaside towns especially in NJ, they have town Councils and councilmen or women and they decide the Mayor usually breaks a tie. Wildewood actually has a beach commissioner and he decides.

........... polocies for the beach are made for the "safety of everyone" not to annoy the few.
regardless, that really isn't the issue at hand, I'm certain, municipality has different rules and regulations?

but in this case, the Mayor was defending the officers...so whatever chain of command it goes thru, fine....
if all these people i.e. town councils, commissioners and mayors have final says, then it might be to their advantage to hire men they'd be proud to back...instead of throwing them under the bus, don't you think?

Old 06-04-2018, 01:38 PM

3,861 posts, read 3,151,256 times
Quote:
and like I said, the officer did leave her go, adn started to walk away...but, the little woman, gave him a big big mouth, and that's when he came back and started to arrest her.

doesn't really matter what any of us think b/c the mayor has the last say...so.....

these laws are made, b/c someone somewhere always thinks and believes it's their right to drink on the beach and become fallen down drunk...which spoils it for families...if people learned to conduct themselves properly, these laws regarding drinking on the beach, loud music, etc, wouldn't exist.
So,Missy mouthed off,then it became personal to the beach cop. Ohh, I don't have thick skin, I can't let little missy get away with mouthing off to me. Again, a young Cartmen on a hot wheels screaming " respect my athourity ".

She will have alot of her charges thrown out in court. Just because that cop could not take her mouthing off, that makes him a ***** ass in my world. Cursing someone out,flipping the bird is not against the law. It's free speech !

And the mayor does not have the last word. The courts do. The mayor won't have anything to do with the court case,since he was not even there.

Jersey is one of these places where cornballs city workers feel justified in what wrong they do. Look at your hero Christie sitting his lard ass on the beach,while all of the Jersey beaches stay closed.

I wonder ,what would Snookie do in this situation? Would she call on her friend the situation?

Good thing CB is not the law. That poster would ban skipping, jump rope,and Gambling in Atlantic City.

Old 06-04-2018, 05:22 PM

Lol. Christie is my hero. Really?? Talk about presuming to know how I think n feel
Sounds like somebody needs a nap

Old 06-04-2018, 06:03 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,693,520 times
this is a pretty interesting pic of the violent beating of the innocent girl:

upload image

Old 06-04-2018, 07:27 PM

3,861 posts, read 3,151,256 times
Just beat her to submission, the Jersey cop way. By the way,Jersey cops are notorious for violating people's rights, believe that.

Old 06-04-2018, 07:35 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,661,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapikap View Post
Just beat her to submission, the Jersey cop way. By the way,Jersey cops are notorious for violating people's rights, believe that.
sooner or later it was gonna happen.

Old 06-04-2018, 07:41 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,693,520 times
Quote:
but in this case, the Mayor was defending the officers...so whatever chain of command it goes thru, fine...
the local politicians generally have no choice but to defend the police. the thin blue line mafia will do anything to protect its own. remember when the nypd refused to give out any tickets? it was awesome but the mayor and city officials werent happy because of the lost revenue.

what people dont realize is that police enjoy almost unlimited protection from the very beginning and even after the rate prosecution (long after most others stop watching). so even if there is a jail sentence (extremely rare) they will make sure to get it drastically reduced later.

Old 06-05-2018, 05:25 AM

860 posts, read 1,337,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
this is a pretty interesting pic of the violent beating of the innocent girl:

upload image
Lol. I see what you did there.

Old 06-05-2018, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
the local politicians generally have no choice but to defend the police. the thin blue line mafia will do anything to protect its own. remember when the nypd refused to give out any tickets? it was awesome but the mayor and city officials werent happy because of the lost revenue.

what people dont realize is that police enjoy almost unlimited protection from the very beginning and even after the rate prosecution (long after most others stop watching). so even if there is a jail sentence (extremely rare) they will make sure to get it drastically reduced later.
I cannot speak for anyone but my son...however, from my perspective, I am honestly torn, and I didn't want to get into this, but here's why.

point being, she was struggling...while he was trying to handcuff her. Why was she struggling, b/c she didn't want to be handcuffed and arrested...so b/c of her resistance, it now became a much bigger thing...(if only) right. I don't see him as being an arrogant cop, I did see a video early on, which I don't even know if they show it any longer, but he did in fact start to walk away, and let it slid, but she mouthed off to him and he came back, saying, "That's it", meaning, I was going to let this slid, but now you've taken this to a whole other level. When he asked her for her ID, she refused? Why? all she would have had to do it give it to him, so "she" escalated the situation, to yet another level. So, now he tries to handcuff her...you know the rest.

I see a lot of videos where people are defiant, and resist arrest, which puts the suspect in harms way all by his or her own choice.

If I'd have acted like that, towards a cop, believe me, even at 20 my parents would have done worse to me.

She's fine, she'll live, but now she is going to try and get what she can out of the entire ordeal. She's workin it...big time. And she'll most likely sue and win.

Was it right for him to hit her....no, it wasn't...but he didn't beat her up, as some would chose to describe it. From my point of view, she was in the wrong...period. But, at the end of the day, it doesn't matter what you and I think, what matters is, the end result, whoever decides who is wrong and who is right in this situation.

Are there bad cops, inexperienced, yes....but you cannot, ever convince me, that all NJ cops are bad...and that's the point, right away, a situation happens like this, and everyone comes down on the cop.

I'm not suggesting all cops are on the up and up....I've only dealt with a few in my lifetime, (traffic tickets) and I did exactly what the cop instructed me to do...wasn't arrested, etc.

We have family that were police officers...way back...and for the most part, all the officers I knew, loved their jobs...why? Because they wanted to make a difference. And somewhere along the line, you've got to give credit where credit is due.

Not all cops are bad...period....you will always have a difference of opinion, but I do know this...if that girl on the beach, would have kept her big mouth shut...we wouldn't be discussing this today....would we? He would have never gone back and asked her for ID. He was willing to let it go.

Who was in the right and who was in the wrong here is for a judge to decide. Period.

But I will say this, if, in fact the few posters here in this thread, who have combated verbally, ever come to terms with a police officer, I can pretty much figure out, what their encounters would result in.

and btw, thank you for being civil.

Last edited by cremebrulee; 06-05-2018 at 06:29 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey