Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2018, 04:59 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61nyc View Post
Because we no longer live in a time where policing is about diffusing a situation. It's a regime, we are looking more and more like North Korea lol maybe that's why we want a summit.

Cops can now do whatever they want, you can't ask any questions, you can't disagree, nothing. They now have two pat answers, 1) you are resisting and 2) they were in fear of their lives.

most people I know are more afraid of the police then they are of the mugger.
Oh he will get into trouble,I see a lawsuit in his future. Sad thing is he will be put on propation or relieved of his duty,yet get his nice pension still.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2018, 05:13 PM

10,349 posts, read 13,940,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
if she was not white, she'd probably dead
Bull****. Race is irrelevant here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
The cop screwed up Let's face it. He could of restrained her with a head lock or choke hold. But no let's punch her. BS!!!
Or, the dumb ***** could just do as she is told.

Quote:
because this is not NAZI germany and this is not a police state. Who the heck died and said that cops are Gods. You are not allowed to question them and they get to do whatever they want to you no questions asked??

hell to the naw. It's memorial day, my ancestors, siblings and husband fought and died for freedom from tyranny.

Next if you cannot police without shooting someone or tackling someone, maybe it's time to get another profession
Nice leap with Nazi Germany. The fact is, if you do what the cop says you will rarely have any problems. Sure there are bad cops out there, but most are doing what needs to be done. Half of these people that get shot or injured are doing it because of their own STUPIDITY. Don't break the ****ing law and you won't have these problems.

Old 05-28-2018, 05:15 PM

3,677 posts, read 2,560,783 times
Quote:
Oh he will get into trouble,I see a lawsuit in his future. Sad thing is he will be put on propation or relieved of his duty,yet get his nice pension still.
Yes but most likely the police union will take care of the lawsuit. and you are right, except how much you want to bet he'll go out on disability (the stress of it all) then retire and collect his pension

Old 05-28-2018, 05:36 PM

2,160 posts, read 4,965,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
what was occuring before someone called the cops on this young woman?
No one CALLED the cops on her. These "cops" were patrolling for Memorial Day. They were approaching people at random. As to the other assumptions and flat out fiction in your original post...

She was NOT drunk. She had an un-opened beer, and passed the breathalyzer. The cops had let her go, initially. If she had been drunk, they would not have done that. Get the facts straight.

As for the whole spitting angle, that is a claim coming from the mayor, who was not even there, and we don't know if that's true at all. This chic was on probation, and I find it hard to believe that she would spit at a cop. If she agreed to take the breathalyzer, that shows a willingness to comply. Someone who truly believes she is above the law would have refused and started a confrontation right there. I'm sure she had an attitude, and that is probably why the cops kept shadowing her, out of spite, even after she passed the breathalyzer. Then, she started talking schidt about "Don't you have anything better to do?" Basically, what you have right there, is a 20 year-old girl, and a bunch of 20-something year old seasonal renta cops, all having temper tantrums and mutually escalating the situation. A couple years ago they could probably all be found at the same frat party, all pounding beers and acting like fools. But the ones in uniform are supposed to be professionals.

And even if she did spit at the cop, that is not a reason to body slam her face down on the ground, to the point where she blacks out. And maybe the reason she started kicking and punching was because she panicked. Have you ever passed out? When you come to, it is already disconcerting enough (What happened? How did I end up on the floor?). Now imagine you are a 20 year-old, in beach wear, maybe 110 pounds soaking wet, and you wake up to find there's a man on top of you.

How about exercising a little discretion and endeavoring to use some good judgement? How about not punching somebody, repeatedly, on the side of the head? If you are a cop, you need to learn how to deal with the public. EVERYONE who works with the public has to deal with mouthy a-holes who challenge the rules of the establishment, and yes, even spit. Everyone from waiters, to min wage cashiers, to librarians, to teachers, to nurses. Actually, nurses have to deal with being cursed at, called names, treated like maids, being grabbed, spat at, and having other bodily fluids flung at them. If all those people can deal with the general public without turning it into a street fight, so can cops.

That Caren Turner lady from a few weeks ago, in Tenafly, was arguably more of a threat than this girl. She was larger and getting in the cop's physical space, making him back up further and further, waving her finger directly in his face, while cursing him out, and having threatened his job. Those cops, you know, being real cops, somehow managed to do their jobs without using her head as a punching bag. They also released the footage right away of the encounter. Where is the footage of this girl at Wildwood spitting at the cops? Yeah, I won't hold my breath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I understand there are bad cops but not to the extent the media would like to make them out to be....for the democratic vote.
Yes, let's turn this into a partisan issue. Democrats hate cops, the troops, America, fetuses, and Jesus, amirite?

I am a Democrat and one of the biggest, most rabid cop defenders here. Just ask CaptainNJ.

How about treating each news story as a unique set of circumstances and within its own context?

But I know, nuance is hard for some.

Old 05-28-2018, 05:43 PM

1,261 posts, read 567,597 times
It sucks being a cop anymore social media is killing our society sometimes where God forbid anyone does their job or something and people start filming everything.

Old 05-28-2018, 05:48 PM

1,433 posts, read 1,062,694 times
Quote:
You and others really don't understand how it works.....please stop being uninformed and regurgitating the whole "nice, cushy pension" even if fired mantra if you don't.

First of all, this beach (apparent seasonal) cop looked very young.....you don't get a "nice pension still" if you are fired or resign without 20+ years in the system (even @ 20 years it is reduced ... 25 years is required for a full pension).....and, normally, less than 10 years only qualifies one to a deferred pension not collectible until age 55, is highly reduced and, if terminated for cause is subject to the approval of the state retirement system and may be (and most times, is) denied.

Last edited by luckyram; 05-28-2018 at 05:58 PM..

Old 05-28-2018, 06:35 PM

3,677 posts, read 2,560,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
Bull****. Race is irrelevant here.

Or, the dumb ***** could just do as she is told.

Nice leap with Nazi Germany. The fact is, if you do what the cop says you will rarely have any problems. Sure there are bad cops out there, but most are doing what needs to be done. Half of these people that get shot or injured are doing it because of their own STUPIDITY. Don't break the ****ing law and you won't have these problems.
She claims she did everything except give the cop her name. Thats when she was tackled. Once again why was that caused to beat the crap out of her? No you do NOT have to do what you are told without cause. That mentality is the problem. Now the latest i read was she had an unopened bottle of alcohol and she passed a breathalizer test. So what was the reason for writing her up?? When she asked the police they did not tell her and she then refused to give her name.
Not a leap at all. Seems darn near accurate to me. Any time you can no longer ask what's going on, youve got a police state
I got my info from 6 abcnews so not sure if they are accurate or not.

That's why people are now recording every interaction with the police.

Last edited by eliza61nyc; 05-28-2018 at 06:44 PM..

Old 05-28-2018, 07:24 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,625,200 times
It simply is amazing that some of the posters think this special cop is going to get a pension. They work during the summer for about 10 bucks an hour and they are usually laid off or terminated after Labor Day.

Old 05-28-2018, 07:25 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
lots of videos on social media showing cops punching people
but of course what the people did to cops just before that-- is not discussed nor shown

Old 05-28-2018, 07:35 PM

1,433 posts, read 1,062,694 times
Quote:
She claims she did everything except give the cop her name. Thats when she was tackled. Once again why was that caused to beat the crap out of her? No you do NOT have to do what you are told without cause. That mentality is the problem. Now the latest i read was she had an unopened bottle of alcohol and she passed a breathalizer test. So what was the reason for writing her up?? When she asked the police they did not tell her and she then refused to give her name.
Not a leap at all. Seems darn near accurate to me. Any time you can no longer ask what's going on, youve got a police state
I got my info from 6 abcnews so not sure if they are accurate or not.

That's why people are now recording every interaction with the police.

NOT accurate...she was aware and knew the deal - it was in her actual Facebook post which was linked to some articles but has seemed to disappear (probably based on lawyer's advice) - I'll see if I can find it and post. Also...there WAS cause.....namely, she was underaged and in possession of alcohol....a violation of NJ state & local laws for which she could be subject to arrest (esp. if she refused to ID herself so that a summons could be issued then and there.

First...here's the law:

2C:33-15. Possession, consumption of alcoholic beverages by persons under legal age; penalty

a. Any person under the legal age to purchase alcoholic beverages who knowingly possesses without legal authority or who knowingly consumes any alcoholic beverage in any school, public conveyance, public place, or place of public assembly, or motor vehicle, is guilty of a disorderly persons offense, and shall be fined not less than $500.00

Also....here's more on Lil' Miss Innocent:

According to court records, Weinman was arrested in 2016 on charges of burglary, simple assault, criminal mischief, criminal trespass and recklessly endangering. She eventually pleaded guilty to misdemeanor counts of simple assault and reckless endangerment and received four years of probation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey