Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2018, 01:55 PM

47 posts, read 89,225 times

Advertisements

Hello -

I posted before about Paramus. We're still looking there, but also looking into Hillsdale and Oradell, Park Ridge or even Ramsey? Would love some talk about these towns if you live here and love it (or not?). Child will be in middle school next year. Our property taxes are too high. We're ready for a change and are looking for a new town that we'd feel comfortable in. We're currently in Bergenfield. Looking at Paramus, Oradell, Hillsdale. Love the 'small town' feel of Hilldsale and it seems like a nice town. (we'd buy a smaller home and reduce our taxes). We have an only child so a "community" and a chance to live in a neighborhood with other kids (and hopefully families we enjoy) would be ideal. I'd love to meet other career moms (either now or formerly career women) that I can relate to. We are Catholic and I'm involved with our PTA.

I also want to avoid the snobby attitudes that can be felt in some of these towns around here. (Deplorable behavior that I have been privy too). People really judge each other by their zip codes around here.. it's been an interesting experience. want to find a town that's middle class (working families) but not elite. (That's why I think the towns I've chosen may work for us.. Paramus, Hillsdale, Oradell, Ramsey, Park Ridge...??). Would appreciate your insight, or tips... Bergen Co. people! Help me! ;-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2018, 04:44 PM

586 posts, read 309,475 times
All are fine. You'll have no problems.

Old 06-09-2018, 08:37 PM

191 posts, read 588,840 times
Those towns all sound great. I don't like all the highways in Paramus, but I've heard the Paramus community is pretty close. You might like Ramsey the most. Hillsdale and Park Ridge are cute towns.

Old 06-09-2018, 09:15 PM

1,261 posts, read 560,915 times
Most New Jerseyans are Catholic so you won’t have any problem finding Catholic institutions.

Ramsey is a great town with good schools. However little further out away from the city/malls.

Old 06-11-2018, 11:22 AM
46H

1,644 posts, read 1,378,249 times
Hillsdale is a hidden gem as is Park Ridge. Oradell is also very nice. These 3 are very different than Paramus and even Ramsey. Paramus and Ramsey are much larger with bigger populations and square miles. Paramus and Ramsey are also decent towns, just different than the other three. I would give Hillsdale and Oradell the edge over Park Ridge because of the regional high schools. It is amazing that Park Ridge is surrounded by Pascack Regional towns and is not part of Pascack Regional.

Old 06-11-2018, 01:32 PM

255 posts, read 451,629 times
Pick the house you like and don't worry so much about the town. All the places you listed are more than fine.

There's no way in hell Bergen County should have 70 towns so stop fretting about arbitrary town lines drawn so places a couple miles apart can have different letter on their fire trucks and police cars. It's all so silly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey