Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2018, 03:29 PM

1,845 posts, read 1,495,103 times

Advertisements

I am not afraid of going to an Indian buffet by myself, because a lot of businessmen go alone.

I want to go before work at around like 10:30 AM but Indian buffets would never be open that early except for some of the Indian restaurants with a bad reputation.

But how are the dynamics of the diners in NJ? Will the waitstaff give me weird looks? Usually old people go in the mornings, but I haven't seen any going alone. I am 20 and I wonder if I would look weird at a Diner alone. If I ever wanted to eat out alone at any sit down place, I'd rather go when it is not busy, but not the only customer in the eatery.

Old 08-19-2018, 03:56 PM

88,591 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by potanta View Post
I am not afraid of going to an Indian buffet by myself, because a lot of businessmen go alone.

I want to go before work at around like 10:30 AM but Indian buffets would never be open that early except for some of the Indian restaurants with a bad reputation.

But how are the dynamics of the diners in NJ? Will the waitstaff give me weird looks? Usually old people go in the mornings, but I haven't seen any going alone. I am 20 and I wonder if I would look weird at a Diner alone. If I ever wanted to eat out alone at any sit down place, I'd rather go when it is not busy, but not the only customer in the eatery.
What the heck?

What is so strange or outstanding about you that you think waitstaff at diners will give you weird looks? Do you have an extra eye in the middle of your forehead or something?

For God's sake, people go alone EVERY EFFEN DAY into diners to eat, and they aren't all old people. These remarks are getting tiresome and bordering on offensive.

Either decide to go or decide not to go, but stop making such a big deal of something that is no big deal. There are nine million people in this state. You're not that special.

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: