Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 12:49 PM

2,689 posts, read 3,964,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
I think someone's attitude has a lot to do with it also. U know u have to become one with the environment so u feel at home. I never heard much good about newark, but it's new jerseys biggest city, there must be some pride with it. There's NJIT, the arena, and the great past and history and new neighborhoods being built, great environment, beautiful water, huge convenient airport, u feel the frank sanatra vibe walking down the bustling downtown.
it's called being conditioned to accept whatever crap is thrown at you, sinatra was from hoboken and wouldn't be caught in Newark, the city is an unsafe dump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2008, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neekah18 View Post
It's funny how those who have all these harsh things to say about Newark, usually are the ones that commute from suburbia to work there in a cushy office job, with overblown salaries, do nothing for the citizens and probably give them nasty attitudes when they call for assistance. It's horrible to trash whole communities just because you wouldn't live there. If you do live there and hate it so much then move out!!! Surely the high and mighty can afford to move to Montclair or Bloomfield so they don't have to associate with the common "trash" that resides in Newark.
do I sense some jealousy here? the reason people get themselves educated to able to get those cushy overpaid jobs is to be able to get away from the type of trash that live in places like newark

Old 06-17-2008, 01:22 PM

3,223 posts, read 9,628,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
it's called being conditioned to accept whatever crap is thrown at you, sinatra was from hoboken and wouldn't be caught in Newark, the city is an unsafe dump.
Haha I only said that to be funny, all i know is sinatra is from NJ so it'll be funny to identify with newark.

Quote:
When I first got here, a man smashed into my car while I was at a light and then took off, almost mowing down several pedestrians in the process.
Just like in the movie Copland, A big super sports car nearly knocks this other car off the road sideswips it and just keeps speeding

Old 06-17-2008, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
Haha I only said that to be funny, all i know is sinatra is from NJ so it'll be funny to identify with newark.

Just like in the movie Copland, A big super sports car nearly knocks this other car off the road sideswips it and just keeps speeding
that's a daily occurence in newark

Old 06-17-2008, 03:04 PM

625 posts, read 3,635,368 times
Quote:
do I sense some jealousy here? the reason people get themselves educated to able to get those cushy overpaid jobs is to be able to get away from the type of trash that live in places like newark
Jealous of what? I have a college education as well so there is definitely no need for me to be jealous of anyone or anything. My point was stop trashing a city but yet commute to that same city in order to suck funds from it. Whenever I drive through Newark in the a.m. hours I see tons of people who "wouldn't be caught dead there" gunning for parking spaces like vultures with their arses on their shoulders like they are too good to be there.

Old 06-17-2008, 11:46 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,087,802 times
Quote:
Come on, deep down you know you like Newark.

Old 06-18-2008, 12:02 AM

1,387 posts, read 4,016,014 times
Quote:
Don't you think it's a little harsh to say everyone from Newark is trash? I'm sure there are many decent people that live there only because they are poor and can't afford to live anywhere else.

In school, I have come across a few kids from Newark that are nice and intelligent people.

Old 06-18-2008, 12:24 AM

2,881 posts, read 6,087,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busch Boy View Post
Don't you think it's a little harsh to say everyone from Newark is trash? I'm sure there are many decent people that live there only because they are poor and can't afford to live anywhere else.

In school, I have come across a few kids from Newark that are nice and intelligent people.
Why reason with him? He does think everyone from Newark is trash, however, he really does love the place deep down and its understandable
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey