Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 04:51 PM

24 posts, read 310,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdtwildcat View Post
For those of you that live in Bergen County, have any of you heard of a school called Barnstable? I'm trying to figure out which specialized school would be best for my son and this one looked interesting. Thanks for your thoughts.

I think you might be talking about Barnstable Academy, a fairly small private school. I've never visited, but it has a good reputation.

http://www.barnstableacademy.com/ (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2007, 01:51 PM

10 posts, read 25,595 times
I agree with JoeNJ, Fair Lawn is great. I live in North NJ and I have a child with learning disablities. Fair Lawn is the place to be. Although, most of the schools here have pretty good child study teams and will get you what you need.

Old 03-22-2007, 12:12 PM

1 posts, read 5,159 times
Default What about Jersey City?

Hello Everyone! What about Jersey City school district, can anyone share some insights, please? We have a 4 year-old recently diagnosed in the ASD spectrum and still waiting for the elegibility/IEP meetings.

We are very concerned about the quality of schools in the district (both public and private) and would be willing to relocate if necessary (I'm a renter). If someone can share some light on this, we would be very grateful.

Thanks a lot, God bless all of you!!!

Old 03-22-2007, 08:02 PM

6 posts, read 28,900 times
Default Try Bergen County schools

People move to Hillsdale (Bergen County) for our special education programs. Don't know specifics but it's worth checking out. Good commute to NYC by bus, train or car.

Good luck

Old 04-10-2007, 03:53 AM

20 posts, read 142,095 times
I can only speak from my own personal experience, I live in North Jersey in Totowa and have a young child with Autism in preschool with typical children, I can't say enough GREAT things about the work they have done with him.

Old 04-12-2007, 07:24 PM

3 posts, read 84,925 times
Contact COSAC in Ewing NJ this is a resource center for autism they can tell you all the schools for autism in NJ. Also TALKAUTISM Expertfind has a list of schools in NJ. Good Luck.

Old 04-14-2007, 06:01 AM

5 posts, read 100,285 times
i would say basking ridge you have oak street school, william annin middle school, ridge high schools and others these schools are top 100 in the usa

Old 06-26-2007, 12:49 PM

10 posts, read 66,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConcernedParents View Post
Hello Everyone! What about Jersey City school district, can anyone share some insights, please? We have a 4 year-old recently diagnosed in the ASD spectrum and still waiting for the elegibility/IEP meetings.

We are very concerned about the quality of schools in the district (both public and private) and would be willing to relocate if necessary (I'm a renter). If someone can share some light on this, we would be very grateful.

Thanks a lot, God bless all of you!!!
If you are interested in placing your 4 year old in a private school you can contact the Aurora School in Whippany for more details. They accept Autistic students ages 3 - 7. Their web-site is theauroraschool.org or you can call 973-857-1222 for more information.

Old 06-21-2009, 06:27 AM

3 posts, read 13,443 times
Hello, we are thinking of moving from PA to NJ primarily because of the schools. Our daughter has special needs and it is my impression that NJ has better services (I don't have specific evidence, just a gut feeling). Can anyone validate this? The town we're considering is Princeton - does anyone know how Princeton is for special ed?
thank you!

Old 11-21-2011, 10:08 PM

28 posts, read 69,843 times
Dear friends,
can you give me some details what they teach in spl educaiton? hw any hours?
do they put the kid among normal kdis and teach , in edison the schools are starting from kindergarden
no pre-k3 nor 4, no free abott. but in jersey city theer is free prek3 abott. so in edison whcih grade wull they put a 3 yrs old in? will all the studnets have specail needs in the class? or they will put among normal prek3 kdis ina daycare? or public school?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey