Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2019, 11:45 AM

650 posts, read 776,325 times

Advertisements

New Jersey — which is experiencing that exodus of residents — has an effective property tax rate of 2.13%, according to the Tax Foundation. It's the highest in the country.
The Garden State also has a top individual income tax rate of 10.75%, applicable to income exceeding $5 million.
"A lot of places that don't tax income have high property taxes, so we need to make sure it makes sense to move there," Herron said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2019, 01:16 PM

480 posts, read 481,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewin888 View Post
New Jersey — which is experiencing that exodus of residents — has an effective property tax rate of 2.13%, according to the Tax Foundation. It's the highest in the country.
The Garden State also has a top individual income tax rate of 10.75%, applicable to income exceeding $5 million."A lot of places that don't tax income have high property taxes, so we need to make sure it makes sense to move there," Herron said.
//www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...t-general.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...een-wayne.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...yesterday.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...ffic-hell.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...ol-why-so.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...cident-nj.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...p-traffic.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...t-traffic.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...s-traffic.html

I didn't even bother searching for all of the posts complaining about overdevelopment

Old 05-30-2019, 01:46 PM

7,055 posts, read 19,318,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewin888 View Post
The Garden State also has a top individual income tax rate of 10.75%, applicable to income exceeding $5 million.
I have not slept for days, I have not eaten. I stare out the window on this overcast gray day. I shed a tear and then weep. The thought that some people in NJ may have to pay 10.75% on income exceeding $5 million is a tragedy unsurpassed in human history.

Old 05-30-2019, 02:19 PM

19,137 posts, read 25,349,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lammius View Post
The thought that some people in NJ may have to pay 10.75% on income exceeding $5 million is a tragedy unsurpassed in human history.
Perhaps we can start a GoFundMe campaign to rescue them from fiscal oblivion.

Old 05-31-2019, 04:18 PM

32,946 posts, read 36,394,363 times
You forgot to use the word fleeing.

Old 05-31-2019, 04:48 PM

23,566 posts, read 17,245,407 times
Quote:
I have not slept for days, I have not eaten. I stare out the window on this overcast gray day. I shed a tear and then weep. The thought that some people in NJ may have to pay 10.75% on income exceeding $5 million is a tragedy unsurpassed in human history.
'first they came for the gypsies......'

the great liberal slippery slope, starts with a common 'enemy' and then filters down to the people who didn't care because it was no skin off their nose.

you want cash, first clean up the colossal waste, fraud and gross inefficiency that is the earmark of government run programs. Every tax must have an expiration date before it is passed. NJ tax money goes into a black hole while the tax collectors make up for their acceptable loss by raising more taxes.

Old 05-31-2019, 07:38 PM

4,183 posts, read 5,067,201 times
Quote:
I have not slept for days, I have not eaten. I stare out the window on this overcast gray day. I shed a tear and then weep.

...and yet, you have internet access

Old 06-01-2019, 12:25 AM

10,486 posts, read 7,019,483 times
Had my bags packed to leave the state in 2008 and then the miracle of Chris Christie happened, we stayed and were happy. However Phil Murphy is ruining the state and we cant wait to leave and will probably make a move soon.

Old 06-01-2019, 05:17 AM

1,493 posts, read 1,521,963 times
Lack of paying jobs is the major reason. And times just change.

I was down in Port Norris, NJ last week. Many abandoned houses. Looked different than it did the last time I visited 10 years ago. When the US oyster industry was in full swing over 100 years ago Port Norris was one of the wealthiest towns in the US.

Caviar Point was the center for Sturgeon fishing in NJ (again Delaware Bay). Over 100 years ago trains would visit up to 16 times a day to pickup caviar. Over fishing destroyed the fishery. If you visit there is nothing left. Using satellite photos I was able to find an old railroad trestle. That is probably gone now. Many photos on-line if you do a deep Google. At least there were 10 years ago.

Sturgeon at Caviar Point, NJ - A Rube With A View

Regarding Caviar, NJ. I will say one thing, it is beautiful to see how nature takes back land.

Old 06-01-2019, 05:43 AM

23,566 posts, read 17,245,407 times
they leave to make room for illegal aliens the governor attracts to our state.

At least CA has incredibly wonderful weather and high taxes, NJ weather is generally poor with high taxes.

Who can't afford a 2 million dollar condo in sea bright or a multi million dollar home in Rumson.

What state places public access to the beach where there are no public parking opportunities?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey