Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2018, 01:19 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,701,807 times

Advertisements

https://www.nj.com/somerset/index.ss...l_parking.html

I am still surprised this doesn't happen as frequent. Often I pull out slowly and being super careful people just walk right in front of my rear end and they give me looks for not yielding to them. I am being super careful but too many people tried to test if they are stronger than my rear bumper.

if the woman walked anywhere that doesn't say yield or have crosswalk then the driver is innocent.

The other problem is I see many NJ drivers do not yield at mall entrance crossings so I always tell my kids to yield to cars then cross. Can't test your luck here in NJ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2018, 05:45 PM

860 posts, read 1,337,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
https://www.nj.com/somerset/index.ss...l_parking.html

I am still surprised this doesn't happen as frequent. Often I pull out slowly and being super careful people just walk right in front of my rear end and they give me looks for not yielding to them. I am being super careful but too many people tried to test if they are stronger than my rear bumper.

if the woman walked anywhere that doesn't say yield or have crosswalk then the driver is innocent.

The other problem is I see many NJ drivers do not yield at mall entrance crossings so I always tell my kids to yield to cars then cross. Can't test your luck here in NJ.
Stinks all around. I hope the driver has good and high insurance limits. She’s going to need it for the inevitable lawsuit.

Old 07-14-2018, 08:24 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,661,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiru View Post
Stinks all around. I hope the driver has good and high insurance limits. She’s going to need it for the inevitable lawsuit.
.........maybe.Pedestrians can contribute to their own death . Not saying that is what happen here I don't know but I can tell you that they are not always in the right.

Old 07-14-2018, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
.........maybe.Pedestrians can contribute to their own death . Not saying that is what happen here I don't know but I can tell you that they are not always in the right.
Oh I know - from personal experience. Unfortunately regardless of fault her family will probably sue and the insurance company will try to settle. If you have a low coverage amount you live in fear that they won’t take the settlement and they’ll come after your house, etc. Best thing to do is countersue if they have most or half of the responsibility. That way whatever they take from you, you get some back. We didn’t countersue and though they finally took our insurance policy limit, it was a nerve wracking experience. All because their dumbass family member was drunk, high, and decided JAYwalking across a major highway at night wearing all black was a good idea. Now we’re left with the mental scars, devalued brand new car, and they got a payout. Scumbags.

Obviously, I’m still mad about it.

Old 07-14-2018, 11:09 AM

2,211 posts, read 1,573,440 times
Quote:
Oh I know - from personal experience. Unfortunately regardless of fault her family will probably sue and the insurance company will try to settle. If you have a low coverage amount you live in fear that they won’t take the settlement and they’ll come after your house, etc. Best thing to do is countersue if they have most or half of the responsibility. That way whatever they take from you, you get some back. We didn’t countersue and though they finally took our insurance policy limit, it was a nerve wracking experience. All because their dumbass family member was drunk, high, and decided JAYwalking across a major highway at night wearing all black was a good idea. Now we’re left with the mental scars, devalued brand new car, and they got a payout. Scumbags.

Obviously, I’m still mad about it.
Why, were you the car doing the killing?

Then why does it bother you?

Old 07-14-2018, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamer1 View Post

Not sure I follow you - are you implying the car has emotions?

Old 07-14-2018, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamer1 View Post

...stupid question.

Old 07-14-2018, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
...stupid question.
Ok, whatever you say buddy.

Old 07-14-2018, 02:31 PM

Quote:
...read it.

Old 07-14-2018, 02:38 PM

2,211 posts, read 1,573,440 times
Quote:
I know, right? I make a perfectly valid point and here comes....

There's been a LOT of snark in here lately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey