Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2018, 11:42 AM

20 posts, read 28,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthnry View Post
That's not true -- more than half of the towns in Essex County allow chickens. It's becoming more and more of a thing.

https://patch.com/new-jersey/montcla...for-chickens-2
I have 5 chickens, not a large flock. They have names come when they are called and lay me delicious eggs. I think chickens are becoming a thing...I got them because they are sweet little creatures, I like animals, and I was spending a lot on organic eggs at the grocery store. I love the little noises they make and their egg laying songs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2018, 11:47 AM

20 posts, read 28,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KW2348 View Post
You may want to think about the Princeton/West Windsor/Montgomery area. It sounds like it might fit what you're looking for really well. Montgomery and West Windsor are rated 2 of the best school districts in the state. West Windsor and Montgomery are on either side of Princeton where there is a great town with restaurants/shops and a really good public library. There are events in town all the time - Jazzfest, outdoor concerts, a great theater for plays/music and an annual street festival. There's also a great children's library on the Princeton campus that the public can use. There are lots of types of housing and many that are on 1/2-1 acre. Parts of Montgomery can actually be very rural (sod farm, a farm for horse shows) and since you're interested in the outdoors, it's 10 minutes from the Delaware Raritan River where you can ride bikes on the bike path along the river and also rent canoes/kayaks. Sourland Mountain is also close by for hiking. There's plenty of shopping along the Rt 1 corridor, including Target, Costco, Home Depot, Trader Joe's, etc. Taxes aren't cheap but it's possible to find a 4 bedroom for $450K with something around $12-14K in taxes. Good luck! I know it's a difficult decision.
You had me at Trader Joes. LMAO.

I was actually looking in those areas today on Realtor. It seems I might be able to find something there. I have to visit in person to check out the area vibe. Thank you for your recommendation.

I was just in Saratoga Springs last week on vacation. That area is also very lovely and i think I could happily live there but it is a hike to visit from Long Island. The Princeton area looks like it could be a little over 2 hours (if timed just right) but more likely 3 hours to get to where I have family on the island. That is a very doable drive IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey