Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 08:01 AM

71 posts, read 276,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by j1234567890 View Post
I grew up in Old Bridge and moved to Jamesburg about 3 years ago, so I am not a "lifer" who has a jaded opinion. I bought here for a few key reasons:

-The quaint downtown (which could use more restaurants and bars but is still very functional). Most of the stores are owner-operated, which creates a nostalgic and customer friendly environment;
-The very nice and down-to-earth people. Before living here, I barely knew my neighbors. In Jamesburg, they come over to watch football games and cut my lawn without me asking!;
-The convenient location. We are within 3 minutes of Exit 8A on the Turnpike and within 10 minutes of various shopping centers on Routes 1, 130, 9 and 18.
-Contrary to popular belief, Jamesburg has one of the lowest crime rates in Middlesex County. The police have a huge presence and know when something is wrong. Sure there is a small issue here and there, but Jamesburg is just like any other town.
- The town is in the midst of a revitalization. They are renovating parks, adding decorative sidewalks to downtown, etc. New buildings are being built and the older ones are being restored. The county has plans to fix the crazy intersection and homeowners are improving their homes on every block.

If anyone is considering moving to the area, put Jamesburg at the top of the list!
That's weird - where have I seen this before?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2008, 10:58 PM

66 posts, read 387,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkinjc View Post
Syd, we also recently moved into Monroe Twp. ( first time buyer and thirty something) and had and have similar doubts about the town as you do. We have three years old and looked into the school system only a little bit ( Did tons of research in Morris county where we orginally thought we would buy....but as you may know money talks). From what I hear, the elementry and middle schools are good but the high school is over crowed. But the town have aquired the land and also approved the budget to build a new high school on the Thompson park. I'm also feeling the town and not know much about the vibe of the people yet. We're on the other side, bordering Jamesburg, and off the Bucklew Road. So the nearest shops to us are in jamesburg's little shopping district. People seems to friendley, I'm yet to come across anything otherwise. Don't know much about the NYC trains but my wife works in downtown Jersey City she drives and take the Turnpike about 8:00 and gets there about 9:05-9:15 door to door. The people I talked who work in NYC, they take bus from 8A park and ride. ( but I haven't used it myself). I'm looking for a pediatrician for my son, let me know if you know in the area. I couldn't find ANY in Monroe Twp.
For a pediatrician try Hightowns, which is just next to monroe.
I too could not find any in Monroe for my daughter.
Fortunately we will be living in Monroe township but on the border of Hightstown and Cranbury.

Old 10-15-2008, 07:13 PM

1 posts, read 2,921 times
hi - i am so glad that you asked all these questions. my husband and I are moving to monroe in march - we bought in southfield estates. my parents live in the area and i grew up in Marlboro so i am familar with the surrounding areas, but we are coming from the city i am a bit nervous that it is so rural. i work in jersey city and plan so drive so i was happy to hear its about an hour commute. i have heard that its an extremely safe area and that they just built a new school and that many young couples are moving to monroe as well. any other information anyone can share i would appreciate as we get ready for suburbia!

Old 03-05-2012, 01:47 PM

1 posts, read 2,245 times
Hi Everyone, I'm a realtor and am trying to gather some info. for my customer. He wants to move to Monroe but also wants to be close to a NYC buses, I should know this but I don't , never needed it before. Anyone have ideas?
Thank you

Angie Langevin
Weichert Realtors

Old 03-05-2012, 03:14 PM

201 posts, read 619,452 times
try stratford and monroe manor developments. Other developments by applegarth and cranbury station road are stonebridge, etc...a few others I can't recall. both developments its a 10min drive to bus stop at 8a park and ride which has already been mentioned in this thread.

Old 03-06-2012, 03:12 PM

214 posts, read 350,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subban View Post
try stratford and monroe manor developments. Other developments by applegarth and cranbury station road are stonebridge, etc...a few others I can't recall. both developments its a 10min drive to bus stop at 8a park and ride which has already been mentioned in this thread.
Monroe manor is more like 15 min drive to 8a. But Monroe manor is also 4 min away from twin rivers bus stand. There are express buses from twin rivers which takes about 70 min to reach port authority. The express buses go directly via exit 8 and don't go via 8a.

Old 03-06-2012, 04:27 PM

214 posts, read 350,586 times
Here is the complete bus schedule from Monroe/South Brunswick/Twin River and Hightstown
http://www.coachusa.com/CoachUsaAsse...9/route300.pdf

Old 03-06-2012, 04:46 PM

1,729 posts, read 4,997,730 times
Monroe is home to a multitude of very-nice, and large, Jewish population of Senior Citizens, among other groups, and my girl friend, who lives there, tells me that her house did not pay lots of taxes the first year, but after it was fully assessed the second year, her taxes are quite high. She has a 5- bedroom, center hall colonial.

Old 03-07-2012, 04:38 PM

4 posts, read 10,437 times
One thing that I had to get used to from moving out of NYC and into NJ is - people are just really FRIENDLY in NJ...not weird or anything to be scared of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey