Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2018, 08:19 AM

6 posts, read 3,046 times

Advertisements

My husband and I currently live in Plainsboro but we are in search of a new place to live due to having multiple issues with our current complex. We are new to the area, we’ve only been living in the area since early August. There aren’t many good reviews for the other complexes near us so we are looking to see if anyone on here has had any personal experience with any other places.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2018, 01:27 PM

7 posts, read 4,135 times
Have you looked at Avalon in West Windsor? What price range/amenities are you looking for?

Old 09-12-2018, 02:38 PM

2,509 posts, read 2,497,472 times
What is the issue in your current apartment?

I found all of those complexes to be about the same but if you tell more about what you want (or don't want) it might help folks give suggestions

Old 09-12-2018, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KW2348 View Post
Have you looked at Avalon in West Windsor? What price range/amenities are you looking for?
Thank you for the suggestion! We didn’t want to go over $1800 if at all possible and the main amenity we need is a washer/dryer in unit.

Old 09-12-2018, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookspage View Post
What is the issue in your current apartment?

I found all of those complexes to be about the same but if you tell more about what you want (or don't want) it might help folks give suggestions
The main issue we have is with the office staff and their lack of communication, it’s a long story lol.

I’ll be sure to update the post with more info, thanks for the suggestion!

Old 09-12-2018, 06:37 PM

Well I couldn’t figure out how to edit my original post, but here’s a little more info.

We’re having some issues with the office and their poor communication. It’s a lot to explain...

We are looking for a 2 bedroom with 1 or 2 bathrooms. Preferably in Plainsboro as our daughter has already started school and we don’t want to disrupt her too much. A washer/dryer in the unit is a must. We would also like to stay under $1800 if at all possible. We also want to be in a safe well lit area.

As previously stated the reviews for the other apartments in Plainsboro weren’t that great so I mainly want to see if they are really as bad as they seem.

Old 09-13-2018, 09:50 AM

If everything else is ok, I wouldn't move because of a crummy rental-office experience. You're going to run into that everywhere. If it is something bigger than that, then that is a different story

Old 09-13-2018, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookspage View Post
If everything else is ok, I wouldn't move because of a crummy rental-office experience. You're going to run into that everywhere. If it is something bigger than that, then that is a different story
That is true. There is a lot more to it. Basically we were supposed to go into a 2nd floor unit and on the day we were supposed to move in the unit was not renovated like they said. We were completely packed and had movers and everything. We had to go to a 1st floor unit which has a mold problem they're currently working on. We really prefer the 2nd floor because of safety and bugs. I know you can have bugs on the 2nd and 3rd levels also but there would be less issues with them.

They are currently trying to get us into the unit we requested, if corporate approves it. We are seeing what other options are out there if this doesn't work out.

Old 09-13-2018, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amhm103 View Post
That is true. There is a lot more to it. Basically we were supposed to go into a 2nd floor unit and on the day we were supposed to move in the unit was not renovated like they said. We were completely packed and had movers and everything. We had to go to a 1st floor unit which has a mold problem they're currently working on. We really prefer the 2nd floor because of safety and bugs. I know you can have bugs on the 2nd and 3rd levels also but there would be less issues with them.

They are currently trying to get us into the unit we requested, if corporate approves it. We are seeing what other options are out there if this doesn't work out.
Oh that's really bad. I can see why you want to leave!

Old 09-14-2018, 09:52 PM

2,050 posts, read 5,944,661 times
Plainsboro has strict landlord and tenant laws~if the apartment management company doesn't seem to be attentive or responsive, I would contact the Housing Division to see what suggestions or intervention they might provide. I know that the actual units can be hit or miss, depending on neighbors~but you should be able to see the actual unit before taking possession.

I've had friends that lived in Deer Creek, Hunter's Glen and Quail Ridge apartments. I know Quail Ridge has washers & dryers in the unit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: