U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2018, 06:06 AM

18,006 posts, read 22,557,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGrL30 View Post
What about Edison NJ?
No, Edison does not belong on a list of bad/unsafe towns.
Does that town have very bad traffic congestion?
Yes!
Is the Edison police department thoroughly corrupt?
Absolutely!
Are their property taxes high?
Without question!
However, Edison is as safe--if not safer--than most suburban areas of NJ.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2018, 06:35 AM

2,211 posts, read 1,265,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindajhoward77 View Post
These are the towns that I hear many people say that are dangerous. I personally know 7 of them, however I’m not familiar with most of the urban towns. So I would just like to know if all of them are bad or if some of them are just horrible rumors.

He's getting you to engage. Deny him!

Old 09-22-2018, 07:15 AM

4,886 posts, read 1,900,506 times
Plainfield - depends on what part, and it's not exactly bad, just poor.

Old 09-22-2018, 08:18 AM

20,987 posts, read 14,952,854 times
Alpha listing is useless. List according to crime rate to make useful comparison. Important to see how the stats are compiled as media and towns do their best to select a stat analysis model that makes their town or state look batter than it is .

Drug, gang problems, school crime tend to be favorably contrived. Also a great help to any democrat politician seeking stardom in the evolution of their political career.

Old 09-22-2018, 08:22 AM

11 posts, read 18,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Alpha listing is useless. List according to crime rate to make useful comparison. Important to see how the stats are compiled as media and towns do their best to select a stat analysis model that makes their town or state look batter than it is .

Drug, gang problems, school crime tend to be favorably contrived. Also a great help to any democrat politician seeking stardom in the evolution of their political career.
The reason why I listed them alphabetically is because I am not familiar with most of them.

Old 09-22-2018, 12:18 PM

41,272 posts, read 28,129,648 times
Quote:
Asbury Park
Atlantic City
Bridgeton
Camden
East Orange
Elizabeth
Irvington
Jersey City
Linden
Lindenwold
Millville
New Brunswick
Newark
Orange
Passaic
Paterson
Perth Amboy
Plainfield
Pleasantville
Trenton
Union City
Vineland
Wildwood
Woodbury
Are all of them true?
If not, then which one/s is/are not true?
Many of these towns have very nice areas as well with just small city type areas that are bad. There are gorgeous houses in Vineland in Millville and beautiful country out there. There are a lot of wealthy farm families in those areas. The downtown areas are bad but overall they are safe places to live. Same thing with Wildwood. The bad area’s are clustered together but there are many multi million dollar homes and condos there too. Hundreds of thousands of people pay thousands of dollars a week vacation in Wildwood and nothing ever happens to them. It’s a perfectly safe place to vacation or to live.

I would say the same thing about Woodbury. There are some very very very wealthy people in Woodbury and old money mansions that are worth millions and go back over 100 years. Yes there are bad areas in Woodbury but overall the town is not an unsafe place to live. The sections of Lindenwald where the apartment complexes are is bad but they’re also suburban developments that are fine. Pleasantville I wouldn’t want to live in, but I worked there for several years and there’s no danger in going there and there are okay sections too.

I can’t speak for any of the central or North Jersey town because I don’t know them, but the only one on that list that I would not want to live in under any circumstances and wouldn’t drive through by myself is Camden. The others are pretty much towns with a mix of wealth and poverty as well as working families. As long as you’re not buying a home and one of the bad sections of those towns you’ll be fine.

Old 09-22-2018, 04:20 PM

3 posts, read 9,971 times
Not familiar with most of Jersey, only the part that’s by Philly; born and lived there my whole life, however you should add Salem and Paulsboro to this list. Been to both of those towns only once and they looked pretty sketchy to me.

Old 09-22-2018, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusanthony1990s View Post
Not familiar with most of Jersey, only the part that’s by Philly; born and lived there my whole life, however you should add Salem and Paulsboro to this list. Been to both of those towns only once and they looked pretty sketchy to me.
I’m not listing the towns according to their outer appearances, I’m listing the towns according to their crime rate.

Old 09-22-2018, 09:33 PM

1,279 posts, read 1,354,173 times
Quote:
I’m not listing the towns according to their outer appearances, I’m listing the towns according to their crime rate.
Then you should still add Salem and Paulsboro

Old 09-23-2018, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leps12 View Post
Then you should still add Salem and Paulsboro
I’m not really familiar with most of these urban towns and I’ve never heard anyone mention those towns before anyways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey