Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2021, 07:49 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,721,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankrizzo0099 View Post
Scotch and whiskey are made by companies who have certified distributors that carry their brands.

If you ever bought liquor in the carribean then you'd know how much of the cost is tax.. You can buy the same brands for much less. And if i could buy it without payjng the tax then yes i would....is Captain Liberty all for government regulations and paying high taxes...
No, I said that I'd prefer a tax free black market. But my ideals don't make me blind to reality. With legal products available, the black market will dry up even if it's cheaper

Old 02-28-2021, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Im certain the body cameras will show thousands of cops doing illegal things. They have been in use for more than 5 years in NJ...there must have been thousands of illegal things done by cops on them.
There are. Cops are generally above the law. But I believe this law is written in an unusual manner to hold cops accountable. It likely won't come to.anything but id like to see it tested.

Old 02-28-2021, 07:55 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,483,937 times
I think every uniformed police officer should have a body camera

Old 03-01-2021, 06:48 AM

16,912 posts, read 10,600,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
yeah, we are still in the early stages even though we have reached a certain critical mass for marijuana legalization. most people dont even realize the bigger picture, they think marijuana is being legalized since it has been individually deemed ok. what they dont realize its not about marijuana being deemed ok, its about deeming the government doesnt have the right to criminalize us consuming anything (crack, heroine, LSD, whatever). that is still to come.
I agree that's the goal. New Jersey decriminalized psilocybin already this year. I don't like it, but that's the way things are going.
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 03-01-2021, 07:44 AM

19,058 posts, read 13,981,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
All that did in the city was prove that most complaints are nonsense so I agree. Anything that helps a cop get to the promised land of free money for life is fine by me!

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 03-01-2021, 07:53 AM

19,138 posts, read 25,349,686 times
Quote:
Exactly!
If someone is doing his/her job without encroaching on the rights of a suspect--who may well be innocent--then why would anyone who is pledged to uphold the law try to resist a body cam requirement?

Unfortunately, even when body cameras are present, some cops have chosen to turn them off just before engaging with a suspect. If you are conducting yourself completely above-board, there should be nothing to fear from a video & audio recording of an incident, and if an arrestee later claims to have been mistreated or assaulted, that video/audio recording can be used to exculpate the officer from invalid charges.

Old 03-01-2021, 08:08 AM

Quote:
its definitely helpful for both cops and citizens. police do manually turn them on and off and they will sometimes be able to manage that to avoid taping bad behavior but overall its a positive. its also good that citizens can FOIA request bodycam footage however some departments will edit it or refuse to provide it.

the bigger problem is that police can basically shoot someone on camera and still not get penalized. they are almost 100% consistent in always supporting whatever each other does and the government is complicit in protecting them.

the other big problem is that there are too many laws that dont have any business being laws. sure, cops are basically evil so they love enforcing them but ultimately they are bad for citizens and bad for the citizens relationship with police.

Old 03-01-2021, 09:01 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,722,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
its definitely helpful for both cops and citizens. police do manually turn them on and off and they will sometimes be able to manage that to avoid taping bad behavior but overall its a positive. its also good that citizens can FOIA request bodycam footage however some departments will edit it or refuse to provide it.

the bigger problem is that police can basically shoot someone on camera and still not get penalized. they are almost 100% consistent in always supporting whatever each other does and the government is complicit in protecting them.

the other big problem is that there are too many laws that dont have any business being laws. sure, cops are basically evil so they love enforcing them but ultimately they are bad for citizens and bad for the citizens relationship with police.
Forget about police, where is the SWAT police reform. Basically in many states that have no laws for warrant-less searches and raids by SWAT police and they are immune to killing of innocent civilians regardless if cameras showed they were trigger happy.

Old 03-01-2021, 11:53 AM

30 posts, read 22,609 times
Captain New Jersey sees shadows and black helicopters and illegal activity everywhere. All cops are corrupt and editing body camera footage...i mean, lets face it, it's not like there would be a computer record of them editing the video.

The body cams are being attacked ACLU and black politicians. They seem to show the people doing things wrong more than the cops, and the evidence is hard to dispute on video.

A black NJ lawmaker has a bill where the public could order police to turn them off..Great Idea Shirley Turner....Murphy vetoed it.

Of course Captain Liberty knows everything is a lie and a cover up...whats those white lines from the airplanes doing in the sky captain liberty

Old 03-01-2021, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Captain New Jersey sees shadows and black helicopters and illegal activity everywhere. All cops are corrupt and editing body camera footage...i mean, lets face it, it's not like there would be a computer record of them editing the video.

The body cams are being attacked ACLU and black politicians. They seem to show the people doing things wrong more than the cops, and the evidence is hard to dispute on video.

A black NJ lawmaker has a bill where the public could order police to turn them off..Great Idea Shirley Turner....Murphy vetoed it.

Of course Captain Liberty knows everything is a lie and a cover up...whats those white lines from the airplanes doing in the sky captain liberty
that isnt really consistent with what i said. i see police bodycam footage almost daily. i know that it is sometimes edited and i know sometimes precincts will stonewall requests for it. but i didnt say it happens all the time. it is a very useful tool and overall has had a positive impact in a variety of ways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey