Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2018, 02:37 PM

6,844 posts, read 3,926,376 times

Advertisements

In theory it should be handled exactly like liquor is. Every argument against drugs can be made against liquor. But politics is more about vested interests than logic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
they should just be able to sell it at any store.

Old 10-09-2018, 03:20 PM

19,055 posts, read 25,178,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post
In theory it should be handled exactly like liquor is. Every argument against drugs can be made against liquor. But politics is more about vested interests than logic.
Hopefully, it would be handled much better than the issue of retail liquor sales!
Why do I say that?
Because NJ's antiquated liquor laws don't allow a person or corporate entity to possess more than 2 liquor licenses.

That is why there are only two Costcos in NJ and two Trader Joe's in NJ that sell wine/beer/liquor. This licensing restriction was enacted decades ago at the behest of the trade association to which Mom & Pop liquor stores belong, and while it serves their interests, it does not serve the needs of the general public.

Old 10-09-2018, 05:37 PM

16,870 posts, read 10,514,613 times
A new study just came out reaffirming that this stuff lowers sperm count and causes abnormalities even after you stop smoking. Not sure why we are messing around making it legal.

Old 10-09-2018, 05:44 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,166,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
A new study just came out reaffirming that this stuff lowers sperm count and causes abnormalities even after you stop smoking. Not sure why we are messing around making it legal.

Something else to legalize and TAX. "They" don't care about you, me or anyone else but their political careers based on .

No amount of tax receipts will ever be enough in NJ IMHO.

Plus I have no interest to "mari" "juana" as the potential divorce would be brutal for me.

Old 10-09-2018, 06:20 PM

6,844 posts, read 3,926,376 times
Well, when they sell pot at Costco, two locations should be enough. Could you see the economy 3 lb. cans of Kirkland marijuana next to the Kirkland coffee?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Hopefully, it would be handled much better than the issue of retail liquor sales!
Why do I say that?
Because NJ's antiquated liquor laws don't allow a person or corporate entity to possess more than 2 liquor licenses.

That is why there are only two Costcos in NJ and two Trader Joe's in NJ that sell wine/beer/liquor. This licensing restriction was enacted decades ago at the behest of the trade association to which Mom & Pop liquor stores belong, and while it serves their interests, it does not serve the needs of the general public.

Old 10-09-2018, 06:39 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,537,521 times
Quote:
who is "we"? who has the right to make it illegal? are you in charge of yourself or does the government get to tell you what you can and cant do?

Old 10-09-2018, 08:17 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,515,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack2000 View Post
My god what an awful article.

One of the most salient concerns we have is the consequences of drugged driving.

Salient? Haha, I like it when people use big words to try to sound smart.

This is particularly concerning in New Jersey, the most densely populated state, where the risk of catastrophic consequences related to a drugged driving incident is exponentially more probable.

The risk is more probable. Awesome.

Jesus, the whole thing reads like a 3rd grade essay trying to hit a word requirement. Please don't tell me how much money this guy makes, it will put me in a terrible mood.

I don't know guys, a bunch of ludicrously corrupt, overpaid babies don't want us to have our legal weed. I really think we should listen to them.
Couldn’t agree more!

Old 10-09-2018, 09:08 PM
46H

1,648 posts, read 1,385,625 times
Quote:
What study? The DEA still classifies marijuana as a Schedule 1 drug making it very difficult to study. Do you have a link to the study?
Schedule I
Schedule I drugs, substances, or chemicals are defined as drugs with no currently accepted medical use and a high potential for abuse. Some examples of Schedule I drugs are:
heroin, lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD), marijuana (cannabis), 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (ecstasy), methaqualone, and peyote

https://www.dea.gov/drug-scheduling

Marijuana in the same classification as heroin makes anything negative the Federal Government says about marijuana a complete joke. They cannot even get the classification right. By the way, cocaine is a Schedule II. What kind of crazy does it take to think cocaine is safer than marijuana?

Old 10-09-2018, 09:54 PM

1,433 posts, read 1,055,758 times
"One of the most salient concerns we have is the consequences of drugged driving....
This is particularly concerning in New Jersey, the most densely populated state, where the risk of catastrophic consequences related to a drugged driving incident is exponentially more probable."

Oh please....how many "stressed" people with "emotional" issues, depression, etc. are and have been on the roads for years despite popping so called legal prescription pills like Oxycontin, Xanax, etc.??

Old 10-10-2018, 06:56 AM

19,055 posts, read 25,178,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 46H View Post
Marijuana in the same classification as heroin makes anything negative the Federal Government says about marijuana a complete joke.
+1
And, our esteemed US Attorney General, Jeffrey Beauregard Sessions, is on record as saying, "The only thing I have against the Ku Klux Klan is that some of its members smoke pot". I wonder if things will change when Sessions is fired right after the mid-term elections, and is replaced by Miss Lindsay Graham, The Belle of South Carolina.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey